G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Fuel Pump mounting location?

3 posters

Go down

Electric Fuel Pump mounting location? Empty Electric Fuel Pump mounting location?

Post by wbaker01 Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi Gang,

I'm leaning towards going back to an electric fuel pump on the car. Previously I had an electric pump on the car and had mounted in a little spot right above the passenger side lower control arm which made it easy for the fuel line connection. This spot worried me due to concerns about the control arm travel. Where do you have your electric pump mounted if you are running one?

Thanks,
Bill

wbaker01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Electric Fuel Pump mounting location? Empty Re: Electric Fuel Pump mounting location?

Post by Joe73 Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:03 pm

Do you know which type of pump you have, push or suction type? I personally like the push type and usually mount them on the cross member right where the fuel lines exit the tank for easy hookup. Or on the frame rail on the sides of the tank but you have to run your fuel line to it then up front.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Electric Fuel Pump mounting location? Empty Re: Electric Fuel Pump mounting location?

Post by thatfnthing Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Mine is an in-tank unit. Cost more for a custom tank, but it's much quieter.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down