G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need photos of Laguna S3 dash

5 posters

Go down

Need photos of Laguna S3 dash Empty Need photos of Laguna S3 dash

Post by Sinister Sun May 06, 2012 12:05 am

Looking for some photos.
I was wondering how the Monte dash looks and would like to know how hard of a swap it would be.
I like the round gauges.
Thanks.
Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Need photos of Laguna S3 dash Empty Re: Need photos of Laguna S3 dash

Post by texan01 Sun May 06, 2012 7:16 am

Having just did the swap on my Classic. It's not difficult, just time consuming.

You do have to swap some of the dash plug locations around, but a small nail works well for releasing the catches on the wire.

It took me a weekend to swap it around.

What helped me was to look at the back of your stock sweep cluster, make a list of what wire goes to where, and then do the same on the gauge cluster.

texan01
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun May 06, 2012 10:40 am

Don't forget to mention that, if you want to go with the full needle gauges (i.e. tach, volts/amps, oil, etc.) instead of just the std round warning lights on most Montes, there will be some additional wiring changes and a couple switches that will need to be replaced...right?
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun May 06, 2012 12:14 pm

There is a "sticky" thread in the tech section here for rewiring round idiot lights to gauges but I have not seen one for sweep to gauges but could be mistaken. I have the sweep style harness from the Malibu but won't be doing the re-wire for a while yet. Would be nice if someone that has an original unmodified Tach/Gauges harness could post a pic of the connector that plugs into the gauge pod showing the wire locations. The diagrams in my Haynes manual are kind of sketchy on the subject. I think to really know for sure you need a service manual for the year of the car, so I don't want to guess.

https://www.g3gm.com/t57-switching-from-sweep-to-round-gauge-cluster-re-wire
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun May 06, 2012 12:42 pm

77mali wrote:There is a "sticky" thread in the tech section here for rewiring round idiot lights to gauges but I have not seen one for sweep to gauges but could be mistaken. I have the sweep style harness from the Malibu but won't be doing the re-wire for a while yet. Would be nice if someone that has an original unmodified Tach/Gauges harness could post a pic of the connector that plugs into the gauge pod showing the wire locations. The diagrams in my Haynes manual are kind of sketchy on the subject. I think to really know for sure you need a service manual for the year of the car, so I don't want to guess.

https://www.g3gm.com/t57-switching-from-sweep-to-round-gauge-cluster-re-wire

kinda hard to post a pic while still in car. but when the interior comes out of my 73 monte,i will get pics. was going to take it out,but with new house and all i need to wait.
i can take a pic of a round idiot light NON gauge plug to see if it matches the sweep gauge plug. it would be so nice is the sweep can just be pulled and the round go in.i've only had one set of sweeps and never compared the 2.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister Thu May 10, 2012 1:53 am

Thanks guys.
Hunting down a nice dash should be fun.
Sinister
Sinister