G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WANTED: Dash Pad for 1974 thru 1977 Monte Carlo, el Camino, Malibu, Laguna, or Chevelle

+3
pila
Limey SE
77mali
7 posters

Go down

WANTED: Dash Pad for 1974 thru 1977 Monte Carlo, el Camino, Malibu, Laguna, or Chevelle Empty WANTED: Dash Pad for 1974 thru 1977 Monte Carlo, el Camino, Malibu, Laguna, or Chevelle

Post by BAS-Sr Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:07 am

I am looking for a dash pad, NOT PLASTIC Cover, but an original dash pad from a ’74 thru ’77 Monte Carlo, el Camino, Chevelle, Laguna, or Malibu with AC. These years and models all use the same dash pad, ’73 has some differences.

I am looking for one with no cracks, willing to pay a good price for it, and even take it out of a car if necessary (if close enough to New Jersey!).

I am just looking for the upper top portion of the dash pad, does not have to include the lower portion of the dash. Color not important, but black is the preferred color.

Let me know if you have one or know anyone who might.

I have a real nice ’75 el Camino and it needs a dash pad, tried the dash covers and they are just not up to any quality I want in this car.

Let me know please! 

Bruce
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Dash Pad for 1974 thru 1977 Monte Carlo, el Camino, Malibu, Laguna, or Chevelle Empty Re: WANTED: Dash Pad for 1974 thru 1977 Monte Carlo, el Camino, Malibu, Laguna, or Chevelle

Post by 77mali Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:37 am

Drive through PA to Ohio- Chris, aka 1973 454 MONTE, might have what you're looking for (but I don't think he'd sell just the pad) If memory serves he has a few complete dash assemblies. Good Luck.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Dash Pad for 1974 thru 1977 Monte Carlo, el Camino, Malibu, Laguna, or Chevelle Empty Re: WANTED: Dash Pad for 1974 thru 1977 Monte Carlo, el Camino, Malibu, Laguna, or Chevelle

Post by BAS-Sr Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:19 am

77mali wrote:Drive through PA to Ohio- Chris, aka 1973 454 MONTE, might have what you're looking for (but I don't think he'd sell just the pad)  If memory serves he has a few complete dash assemblies.  Good Luck.

Thanks!. Sent a PM.

Anyone else have a lead on one?
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:01 pm

Where are you Located ? a FB friend in Indiana has one but Will not ship.

Bright, Indiana is his location
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Limey wrote:Where are you Located ? a FB friend in Indiana has one but Will not ship.

Limey,

Yes, I am communicating with I think the same guy. Looks like a real nice dash pad.

Looks like if I want his, I will have to take a ride out there, not easy, but that's what I have to do. :-(

Anyone on this forum in Indiana near Bright (not too far from Cincinnati) that might be willing to pick this dash pad up, box it up good for shipping and ship it to me? Willing to pay for time/effort and shipping? Probably cost me $400 for the trip, so if anyone wants to help me out and make $400 for that help, let me know soon! :-)

Bruce
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Limey wrote:Where are you Located ? a FB friend in Indiana has one but Will not ship.

BTW, meant to say, I am in New Jersey, Millstone Township, basically dead center of the state, 10 miles North of Six Flags Great Adventure if that sets a marker for you.

Trip for me would be straight across Pennsylvania, then across Ohio, about 600 miles. Take a LOOOONG day of driving to do it there and back.
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Hope you find it's one to meet your requirements Bruce !

BILL

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

WANTED: Dash Pad for 1974 thru 1977 Monte Carlo, el Camino, Malibu, Laguna, or Chevelle Empty Dash assembly for the 1973-1977 Chevelle/Monte Carlo/El camino

Post by Mitchell Murphy Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:31 am

Good Mornin g bruce- Did you ever find a 74-77 Dash Assembly? I have a really nice used one -black with no crackes, but for a NON AC Car-that's the reason I have not installed it yet, I keep hoping I will find one for an AC Car. Before I found this one, I sent one into "Just Dashes" for a el Camino that I sold, and it was 1700.00 plus shipping. Let me know if you found one and where? -Thanks -Mitchell

Mitchell Murphy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:35 pm

Thanks Mitchell, but I got one a while back!

Bought a '77 Monte as a parts car and it had one that was perfect, was blue, dyed it and put it in my '7 el Camino SS, looks GREAT!
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:50 am

BAS-Sr wrote:I am looking for a dash pad, NOT PLASTIC Cover, but an original dash pad from a ’74 thru ’77 Monte Carlo, el Camino, Chevelle, Laguna, or Malibu with AC. These years and models all use the same dash pad, ’73 has some differences.

Bruce,
I've just gotten a 73 Laguna with a good dash, was hoping to put it in my 75. Are the dash differences going to be prohibitive for a swap?

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:42 am

Well, here is what I have found over the years about the '73 thru '77 A-Body dash pads:

• 2 types, for AC cars and non-AC cars. All the non-AC car dash pads I have come across have been one piece where all the AC car dash pads have been 2 piece (the top section attaches to the bottom portion). Not sure if this actual for all, just what I have found.

• the '73 dash pad emblems are different than the '74-'77, '74-'77 dash pads have a square recess on the passenger side just above the glove box for the emblem where the '73 emblem attaches through small holes in the dash pad.

Hope this helps. The '73 Laguna dash pad will bolt in, but definitely how the emblem attaches to the dash pad will be different, and if there is any difference about the '73 versus your '75 having or not having AC, there might be a difference there?
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:05 am

All '73-'77 dashes are interchangeable if you aren't concerned about the dash emblem being correct. However, as stated, the non-A/C vs A/C require different vent ducting.

Regarding one-piece vs two-piece dashes, the fact is that it doesn't matter whether they were A/C or non-A/c...nor, what year they came on. Both types were used. Can only guess that more than one vendor supplied them to GM and each had their own way of fabricating them.

Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:53 pm

OK, that's good news. This is a driver, not a show car, so emblems are low on the priority list. I made sure it was an AC dash, so OK there. I was hoping just to swap the upper portion, because my lower is quite OK, but if it turns out to be a one-piece, well, I'll just swap the whole thing I reckon. We will see. I will take pics and post when I get to it--no telling when that will be.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BAS-Sr Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:08 pm

Good Luck! :-)

Doing just the upper (if 2 piece) is a PITA in itself, but doing the whole dash as one piece is way past curse words! :-)
BAS-Sr
BAS-Sr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Yes, I was guessing it would be a bear either way. I've done my S10 a few times, so I'm not a complete newbie (and there are some similarities I can see already). The good news is that Louisiana has finally allowed the importation of Yuengling beer into the state, as of just a week ago, so taste-testing while working should help calm the nerves a bit.

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down