G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

73-77 Monte body bushings

+11
orange Juiced
Joe73
Malicruiser
Jedediah
ant7377
thatfnthing
1973 454 MONTE
77mali
wokrdan AKA BU Balls
scottymonte76
JB2wheeler
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

73-77 Monte body bushings - Page 2 Empty Re: 73-77 Monte body bushings

Post by Jedediah Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:16 am

You know I will have to get these and for over a year I have seen this topic come up on a couple threads but I still dont have any idea what actually works for the chevelles. Seems you cant get all the bushings you need in one pack or the right hard ware with em too? Could be I just missed the ending again.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Malicruiser Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:47 am

Jedediah wrote:You know I will have to get these and for over a year I have seen this topic come up on a couple threads but I still dont have any idea what actually works for the chevelles. Seems you cant get all the bushings you need in one pack or the right hard ware with em too? Could be I just missed the ending again.
Well you're partially right. I couldn't find a bushing kit that came with everything including the core support bushings and hardware, but I did find that The Parts Place sells the core support bushings and hardware in one complete kit and sells the rest of the body bushing in another kit with out the hardware included but the do sell all the body bushing hardware in a complete kit of its own though. Prices aint bad either.
Malicruiser
Malicruiser
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:06 am

if anyone comes across any orange poly bushings, let me know. I'm looking to replace all of the bushings from the whole undercarriage when i remove the frame. I know energy suspension used to make them in 90s to early 2000's.
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:46 am

I think we 12 all together, including the rad support. I think the 72 chevelle convertible is the right one. It has 12 like we need. Anyone confirm??
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:45 pm

You're correct about the 68-72 converts using the 12 bushings, and you could use four of those (two per side ) for the front rad support. Original Parts Group www.opgi. has factory replacement bushing kits for all 73-77 chevelle A body's, however the kit is $350 and rubber. No bolts included.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by orange Juiced Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:16 am

I got an email from dixie monte carlo depot for poly bushing. No body mounts listed, but looks like they have almost everything else.

http://www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com/Product/Browse.aspx?h=356&d=1438&sz=40&beid=194&guid=c577b283-e6ce-45ad-b655-dc0354a19e2a
orange Juiced
orange Juiced
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveFury Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:02 pm

1973 454 MONTE wrote:
wokrdan AKA BU Balls wrote:http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ENS-3-4115G/?rtype=10
This set will fit. If you want it in red, they have it too, but just make sure it's the convertible set because the two extras are for the radiator support. The directions are correct for where the bushings go, but are different for the 74 as you won't flip the #1 position like the directions say. (You should see this when you put them in) As far as the hardware goes, you'll probably need new bolts. If your steel inserts aren't too bad, I would suggest cleaning them up with a wire wheel and reusing them, because finding new inserts are hard to find for the Malibu without having to buy a full bushing set for a Camaro or other car.

Energy Suspension 3-4115G - Energy Suspension Body Mount Bushings
Make  CHEVROLET
Model  CHEVELLE
Beginning Year  1968
Ending Year  1972
Doors  2-door
Drivetrain  RWD
Application Notes  Except convertible.

Make  CHEVROLET
Model  CHEVELLE
Submodel  MALIBU
Beginning Year  1968
Ending Year  1972
Doors  2-door
Drivetrain  RWD
Application Notes  Except convertible.

scratch so still NO rad support bushings.   scratch im just sayin Very Happy

I know this thread is 4 years old. But, just to verify. The Energy Suspension 68-72 A body convertible kit will fit (see link below) provided you reuse your bolts and fabricate sleeves as necc? Anyone who has used this kit w/ success on our cars please chime in.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ens-3-4114r/overview/year/1970/make/chevrolet/model/chevelle

Dave W.
DaveFury
DaveFury
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by 99B4C Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:34 pm

I used the Energy poly kit for a Caprice 91-96. I bought two kits and picked out the harder durometer bushings from each. My stock inner sleeves were a perfect match. The 68-72 bushings have a smaller od than the 73-77 and the sleeve is different.
I have enough poly bushings left over including the core support to do another car.

99B4C
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:45 pm

I bought that kit to do my 76 Laguna. Upon comparison of the poly and rubber bushings, I noticed that the diameter and height of the poly bushings compared to the rubber ones were smaller and shorter. The factory rubber ones come with the large washer and sleeves. I didn't think it was worth the hassle of making new sleeves ( mine were unusable) I went with original style bushings from Ground Up Restoration. Really happy with them.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by brownbomber77 Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:39 am

Use 68-72 A body convertible. I got a kit from summit for $130. Fortunately, my square core support bushings are still useable. Doesn't Tamraz or thepartsplace.com have the square ones?

brownbomber77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2