G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New kid on the block

+6
Limey SE
77mali
Jedediah
74Guna
Checyxtc
yogreasygramma
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New kid on the block Empty New kid on the block

Post by 2fat2fly Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:56 pm

Beer glad to be hereNew kid on the block SS9-3-11019New kid on the block SS9-3-11014
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

New kid on the block Empty Re: New kid on the block

Post by yogreasygramma Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Oooooooooohhhh!!! That's bad-A$$!!! Welcome to the site!
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:31 pm

I moved your Pics for you to the other post already And I think after next week we have found ROTW

That is Absolutely Bad A$$ ride really diggin on the Color also

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Checyxtc Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:13 pm

Totally off the hook friend...welcome, that thing is GORGEOUS !!
Checyxtc
Checyxtc
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:04 am

The Turquoise Terror! That thing is bitchin'. How much HP you pushing? Got any timeslips? I need to hear more... Very Happy
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

New kid on the block Empty Need to run this thing to see

Post by 2fat2fly Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:15 pm

The Dude wrote:The Turquoise Terror! That thing is bitchin'. How much HP you pushing? Got any timeslips? I need to hear more... Very Happy
The last time I ran it was with 12.20's and around 114 mph)( that was before the 540 & F-2 Pro-Charger. Besides the engine setup it runs a built 4l80 with a 9 in. Detroit locker, 35 spline axles, 2500 stall convertor, the power train is built on the heavy duty side for sure.
After I built the motor I took it down to be dynoed (just motor) and it made about 680 at 5200 the torque was about 775 at 4300.
with the addition of the supercharger and at a max of 15 pounds of boost it'll reach 1330 hp and the torque is up in the 1450ish area. I built my nephews 72 and it's a 454 100 over 13 to1 lot of everything runs low to mid 10's, 456 spool. It's street legal so he wanted to run my car, his car 3525 lbs. my car 4350 lbs. we ran & he got me out of the gate but it wasn't long before I was able to reel him in. We have the Famoso drag strip here and they won't even let this car run. If you can run under an 11.50 you HAVE to run the roll bar inside and I'm not going there, it's not a drag car and I don't want to alter any of the insides to do so, its just for fun and absolutely a blast to have on the street. Here's some pics of the 72 I put together for my nephew. happy bowtie
THANKS TO THE DUDE FOR THE FEEDBACK !!!!! New kid on the block Pics279New kid on the block Pics278 New kid on the block Pics280
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Not gonna lie, I couldn't even imagine what over 1000hp feels like. Must be a lot of fun!
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:30 pm

THE DUDE My uncles Laguna that hooked me on these cars when I was 13 was 750 HP @ 13 years old you s**t your self in a car like that, I can not even imagine blurping the throttle w/ 1000 hp at the other end

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

New kid on the block Empty It just has a hold on and drive feeling

Post by 2fat2fly Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:07 am

The Dude wrote:Not gonna lie, I couldn't even imagine what over 1000hp feels like. Must be a lot of fun!
study Hears the deal, a friend of mine kept inviting me to go help him look at older style muscle cars to buy. After about 2yrs. & 20-30 cars some turn key some projects which I offered to help him with. I told him because he's not a hands on guy, just to go down and pick out a showroom brawler, you know gets 20+ mph you & your wife can drive it in & out of town, has ac . Idea He got the little GTO with the 405 hp engine and took over to have a Magnacharger blower put on with about 6-7 pounds boost reprogram the computer to put out about 600 hp. So then he wants to run my 73 which at the time just had the 540 (no blower at this time). We ran 3 times and it just ended up being who got the jump, the cars ran straight up. It was the 1st. time I had shifted into 4th.. His speedo. was hitting upwards of 140 and we would shut down, both cars were still pulling hard but we didn't have much room on a 2-lane. I decided then that I wasn't going to be letting these showroom bullies beat up on my 73 in the near future, soooooo I spent about $12,000 to arm the Chevelle with the F-2 Pro charger set up. I've been hit on a few times, Z06, cobra with blower, and ya out of the gate it hurts even with the MT drag radials but once it starts hooking up It's on. They always want to know whats in it, I tell them somewhat and they want to go again Question
The good thing about this combo is you can drive it anywhere, the heat out here gets upwards of 105 and in town still runs in the 190-200 range, it's been to several out of town functions , from Sacramento to L.A.. You know once you get more power than you need, it's very hard to hook up under throttle, but lots of fun to have. Thanks for the notes!!!!!!! happy bowtie
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:12 am

Whoa Nelly! Can't decide which one I like better. :-P.....
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:14 am

77mali wrote:Whoa Nelly! Can't decide which one I like better. :-P.....

KNOCK KNOCK :: MALI the G3 you like better is not that right ?

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:39 am

Limey wrote:
77mali wrote:Whoa Nelly! Can't decide which one I like better. :-P.....

KNOCK KNOCK :: MALI the G3 you like better is not that right ?

LOL...of course! I was referring to the engine set ups. Should have been more specific. GoFast
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:10 am

2fat2fly wrote:I decided then that I wasn't going to be letting these showroom bullies beat up on my 73 in the near future, soooooo I spent about $12,000 to arm the Chevelle with the F-2 Pro charger set up.

Quote of the month right there! LoL
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Guna Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:56 pm

Absolutely beautiful car. Loved the quote as well! Makes you wonder how many speed parts have been sold over the years because we got beat at a stoplight????? I know how much of my money they've gotten! Your money was well spent!
74Guna
74Guna
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Jedediah Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:27 am

Seen your car on another site with girls standing by it. LOL.. Really dig the color and the blower. More power then I could handle responsibly.
Jedediah
Jedediah
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

New kid on the block Empty Getting even always feels good !!!

Post by 2fat2fly Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:14 am

74Guna wrote:Absolutely beautiful car. Loved the quote as well! Makes you wonder how many speed parts have been sold over the years because we got beat at a stoplight????? I know how much of my money they've gotten! Your money was well spent!
Thanks Mike, I appreciate your thoughts on my car. I think that I finally have gotten a little wiser with age , when I was younger I must have tried everything in the book on different cars and have decided to go with the cubes. The best thing is, you don't have to twist it to death to get down the track & the torque does wonders for these 2 tons of fun & ya wouldn't it be nice to recover some of those $$$$$$$$$$$ happy bowtie
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

New kid on the block Empty They were for a Calender shoot

Post by 2fat2fly Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:38 am

Jedediah wrote:Seen your car on another site with girls standing by it. LOL.. Really dig the color and the blower. More power then I could handle responsibly.
Thank you Jedediah and yes is on another site and can you believe the blond is 53 and the gal with the muscles is a body builder and shes about 44. The color is from a early 60's mag and I can't tell you how hard it was to go with that, but by the time I got all the shiny stuff back on it toned it down a hole bunch (thank God). happy bowtie
Is that avatar a pic of your ride cause back in the mid to late 80's I had this car close to your color !!
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:45 am

Jedediah wrote:Seen your car on another site with girls standing by it. LOL.. Really dig the color and the blower. More power then I could handle responsibly.

Hmmm....where are thos pics? LOL!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 2fat2fly Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:15 pm

77mali wrote:

Hmmm....where are thos pics? LOL!
Nothing that special & not bad either considering the birth dates, here's a couple & sorry about the the 59 cad. but thought it was a cool pics. My better half didn't have a ride so I spent about 2 yrs. putting it together for her. Arrow New kid on the block Notsure152 New kid on the block Notsure149 New kid on the block Notsure140New kid on the block Barbs59cad050
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:15 pm

Nice, you wife must be happy! Always good to have some of these pics around. Laughing drunken
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:16 pm

WoW What a Face thanks for sharing them especially that Brunette oh boy oh boy she can hurt me anytime and I would not complain

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by prostreet75 Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Your car is bitchen! Super Clean and well done. The stance is great! Don't be scared of the cage though, you can still do it and keep it clean and functional. I pick up my kids from school all the time. As soon as I finish installing the rest of the safety equipement, I'll be up in you neck of the woods at famosa.
prostreet75
prostreet75
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

New kid on the block Empty Back at cha !!

Post by 2fat2fly Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:59 am

prostreet75 wrote:Your car is bitchen! Super Clean and well done. The stance is great! Don't be scared of the cage though, you can still do it and keep it clean and functional. I pick up my kids from school all the time. As soon as I finish installing the rest of the safety equipment, I'll be up in you neck of the woods at famosa.
Arrow That's great to here your just a few from b-town and ya when you come in for
Famoso, drop a line, I'd come watch that 75 run. I'm not sure what my car would run, I know I need to put it on a diet. Reading something Keith Seymore wrote about the hardware behind the bumpers and losing 65 lbs., and then going with the fiberglass bumpers I'm sure that helped also, Seems like I just keep adding weight. I think it's awesome you guys are getting these cars into the 9's & 10's. The last time I weighed my car it was at 4350 with me outside. I would like to check out the cage in your car to see if it would go in the 73. I'm not so much into the 1/4 mile but I kinda would like to test it once in awhile. It's all legal with the other stuff butttttt no cage, just haven't seen one that might fit in without tearing up to much, anyways good luck on the 10's. Whats the weight of your car ?, torque conv. stall ?, whats the motor packing ? and how about the diff. info.. My nephews 72 chevelle runs into the lower 10's with just motor. It's running a 545 100 over, 13-1, dart heads, davinci 1150, solid roller, lemon headers, 5250 stall, 456 with spool, 35 spline, 12 bolt & weighs in just under 3500. We actually took the solid roller lifter out and put in hyd. lifters on top of the solid cam & according to Comp.cams it ok, you just lose a bit of the top end. Did it so he didn't have to mess with having to keep an eye on the adjusting part, he's not a hands on guy. He likes to run it on the street some and or fire it up for his friends in the garage and ends up wasting the plugs, had to show him what indexing was about. ( I bet your kids like it when they ride to school in the 75 ). real quick, which dragstrip's are you running on happy bowtie happy bowtie happy bowtie
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:31 am

2f2f, sinking a 73 bumper is simple compared to later years. I lost a lot of weight when I went from stock to a tucked bumper. Just check out the write ups that have been done or ask if you have any more questions. No hacking involved & you get rid of that log look up front. I'm truly surprised that more G3 speed freaks aren't doing this.....
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

New kid on the block Empty Show me the way, The Dude knows !!!

Post by 2fat2fly Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:12 am

The Dude wrote:2f2f, sinking a 73 bumper is simple compared to later years. I lost a lot of weight when I went from stock to a tucked bumper. Just check out the write ups that have been done or ask if you have any more questions. No hacking involved & you get rid of that log look up front. I'm truly surprised that more G3 speed freaks aren't doing this.....
Arrow can you tell me where to go and check out this info & maybe with a few pics, I've have heard guys talk about this and as always thanks . happy bowtie happy bowtie happy bowtie
2fat2fly
2fat2fly
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next