G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laguna

+3
FormulaZR
Roadcaptain S3
Limey SE
7 posters

Go down

Laguna Empty Laguna

Post by FormulaZR Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:10 pm

There are no 1976 Laguna's for sale on this site. This is unacceptable and should be remedied. Please?

FormulaZR
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Laguna Empty Re: Laguna

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Hola, formulaZR, welcome to G3GM. Did you check the classifieds?
Someone will find you one eventually....what area of the country are you in?
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by FormulaZR Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:21 pm

I did check the classifieds, and I posted a "Wanted" ad here, at Chevelles.com, texashotboats.com (ya never know, us jet boat folks are mulletheads, too), and a few other places. After looking for so long I'm just getting impatient.

I'm in the Fort Wayne, IN area right now...but I will go anywhere in the lower 48 (and maybe Canada if the car will quit saying Eh?) to get a car.

FormulaZR
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:23 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH you didnt state you would travel that opens up a whole nother world then LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by FormulaZR Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:28 pm

HA ha...should've started with this: "Have truck and trailer, will travel"

I really don't care too much about if the interior has issues (or even volumes) or powertrain...just want a good body and hopefully paint. Due to job requirements I just can't handle body work...

FormulaZR
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Here's one, but this guy is nuckin' futs, price-wise

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1976-Chevrolet-Chevelle-405588.xhtml?actionMethod=find%2Fvehicle%2FvehicleSearchResults.xhtml%3AuShipController.init&conversationId=368955
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:34 pm

76 malibu, LIME GREEN, a little more reasonable on price, got the tail lights you like! Not exactly what you are looking for, but it has potential.

No Anthony, you can't have it.

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1976-Chevrolet-Malibu-398622.xhtml?actionMethod=find%2Fvehicle%2FvehicleSearchResults.xhtml%3AuShipController.init&conversationId=368955
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FormulaZR Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:39 pm

That car lot and I have talked at great length about the cars they have/had.

IF that car had buckets and/or white interior I would've been a lot more serious about it...and I seriously dislike Vintage Air type A/C's

FormulaZR
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:43 pm

I dont like the white top or white interior PLUS I ALREADY HAVE MY LIME GREEN CAR LOL

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:44 pm

I've had a lot of luck with Craig's list believe it or not. When bought mine a few years ago, I was looking at a 74 in TN and another 75 in IN at the same time.

Be patient you'll find one, and the guys on here are always locating cars.

The rules here aren't as strict as other forums as far as posting cars for sale. Give these guys a month or two, and somebody will bird dog it for you.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Limey wrote:I dont like the white top or white interior PLUS I ALREADY HAVE MY LIME GREEN CAR LOL

Yes, and we are all sure you will never, ever, ever buy another green car as long as you live.....not!.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Here's one, but this guy is nuckin' futs, price-wise

http://www.autotraderclassics.com/classic-car/1976-Chevrolet-Chevelle-405588.xhtml?actionMethod=find%2Fvehicle%2FvehicleSearchResults.xhtml%3AuShipController.init&conversationId=368955

HOLY HELL am I loving this one. I'd pay that in a heartbeat for it. Can those white walls though.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:54 pm

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:
Limey wrote:I dont like the white top or white interior PLUS I ALREADY HAVE MY LIME GREEN CAR LOL

Yes, and we are all sure you will never, ever, ever buy another green car as long as you live.....not!.

Nope that will prob be true the Mrs said find the one you want spend the extra t get the one you really want and this was as close as I could get...... So thi is it for a very long time sorry to dis appoint UNLESS I find some hidden Damages this is the last one ................I will buy other's to strip and part out only if they un-saveable or about to be crushed

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:04 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:
Roadcaptain S3 wrote:Here's one, but this guy is nuckin' futs, price-wise

HOLY HELL am I loving this one. I'd pay that in a heartbeat for it. Can those white walls though.

She's a beaut, and I'd buy it today if I could get the money printer in my basement to work right. That black and gold is pppuuuurrrrdddyyy.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FormulaZR Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:15 pm

If I was going to get a car, I'd want one with A/C. If I was going to get an A/C car, I wouldn't want a big silver chunk hanging down from the dash. Vintage Air style A/C's nearly make me vomit.

From a functional stand point, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. As far as me buying it, not a chance!

FormulaZR
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:18 pm

Lol, if I were as picky as you are, I still would not have a Monte Carlo.

Not saying it's a bad thing. It will just take you longer to get what you want Smile

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by FormulaZR Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:34 pm

I know, it always does. IF his price were some lower, I'd talk.

FormulaZR
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:18 pm

I don't blame you one bit for being picky. I searched for nearly a decade before I finally found one that I wanted. I had all but gave up before I found this site & then one turned up just an hour away from me that matched every requirement I had (base model 76). That's it, that's all that I asked was for a base model 1976 Chevelle. I turned down a Laguna, several Classics, & other years for this one. Hell I even picked up a 73 at around the same time & then decided to sell it later. Why a base model? Big quarter windows & single headlights along with the tail lights that I wanted.... oh & because I had one in high school. Yeah I'm that guy. Embarassed

I say every man deserves to be picky about what he wants in a car.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:08 pm

I do too. Not one thing wrong with being picky. My only point is, you'll have to do a lot of searching and probably get very frustrated Smile

My perfect Monte? Triple black 1974 Landau 454, buckets and console. Like to have air and all the power options. No too picky on the wheels. Either Tubine II's or 15x7 Rally on thin white stripe tires.

Oh...and original unrestored Smile

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Rago wrote:Yeah I'm that guy. Embarassed

Nothing wrong with that good buddy. Wanna know why my grandpa wanted the '48 Plymouth so bad and why he paid so much for it? Because his first car was a '40 Plymouth P-10 sedan, I believe in the same color as the '48, and he and my grandma went on their first date in it. It brought back a lot of memories for him.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 74Malibu383 Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:35 pm

FormulaZR wrote:If I was going to get a car, I'd want one with A/C. If I was going to get an A/C car, I wouldn't want a big silver chunk hanging down from the dash. Vintage Air style A/C's nearly make me vomit.

From a functional stand point, I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. As far as me buying it, not a chance!

Vintage Air makes two different styles of aftermarket A/C units. They make the one that hangs below the dash as well as the ones that fit up behind the dash that use the factory vent locations. Although I completely agree with you regarding your dislike for the under dash, hanging units, you shouldn't classify all Vintage Air units as crap. If installed properly, you can't even see the ones that fit behind the dash. Take a look at their website....

http://www.vintageautoairconditioning.com/universalunits
74Malibu383
74Malibu383
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:12 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:I do too. Not one thing wrong with being picky. My only point is, you'll have to do a lot of searching and probably get very frustrated Smile

My perfect Monte? Triple black 1974 Landau 454, buckets and console. Like to have air and all the power options. No too picky on the wheels. Either Tubine II's or 15x7 Rally on thin white stripe tires.

Oh...and original unrestored Smile

OMG Kyle. way back in 1991,i could of bought one of these,but it also had the power moon roof. yes it had every available option Very Happy 2500.00.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:12 pm

HOLY HELL.

-headdesk-

Lol.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:17 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:HOLY HELL.

-headdesk-

Lol.

i wish i would of taken pics (head desk). it had thin w/walls with rallies. the turbines were in the trunk. the original owner brought the car home took off the turbines,they were like new. awsome car. Thumbs up
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Ughhhhhhh........ lol.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic