G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1977 malibu Blower Motor won't stop

5 posters

Go down

1977 malibu Blower Motor won't stop Empty 1977 malibu Blower Motor won't stop

Post by gpoetx Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:06 am

Any Help greatly appreciated. As soon as the ignition is turned on the Blower Motor comes on no matter where the switch is positioned. Heater transistor? a Relay?
gpoetx
gpoetx
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

1977 malibu Blower Motor won't stop Empty Re: 1977 malibu Blower Motor won't stop

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:27 am

Is it a non air car?

Mmm. Mine does the same thing.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

1977 malibu Blower Motor won't stop Empty Re: 1977 malibu Blower Motor won't stop

Post by ant7377 Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:39 am

Thats how it works .Its part of the vehicle ventilation system.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:43 am

I always figured that. It never bothered me.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by gpoetx Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:56 am

It's an Air car but I have never heard of one ever running constant. That's why there's an off switch.
gpoetx
gpoetx
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by abajc3 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:06 pm

with my car its like this: when the ventilation is off, the blower doesnt work. when i put it on a/c or vent, it runs through all four speeds, but when in low speed, you can barely hear it.

if yours isnt working correctly, its probably the fan relay thats causing the trouble. its located on the right side of that a/c box under the hood (near the firewall). its only a 5$ part, so i suggest replacing it.

abajc3
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:21 pm

From the 1977 Chevrolet Service Manual:

"A" Series Controls - "The blower fan lever is located at the left hand side of the control assembly. The blower motor will operate as soon as the ignition switch is turned to the RUN position (providing the temperature at the engine thermal switch is at least 35*C (95*F). The control has three positions only; LO, MED, HI. There is no OFF position".

The OFF position I believe you are referring to is to regulate which air doors are utilized. Again, according to the manual "The position of these air doors determines if output air flow is from the heater purge outlet at OFF, the heater outlet with slight air flow from defroster nozzles at HEATER, A/C outlets at VENT, A/C outlet only MAX & NORM, heater, A/C and defroster outlets at Bi-LEVEL, or the deforster nozzles with slight air flow from the heater outlet at DEF".

There...everything we all needed and wanted to know (and then some) concerning our temp controls. No need to thank me...HA!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down