G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blower Motor Wiring

2 posters

Go down

Blower Motor Wiring Empty Blower Motor Wiring

Post by swanwr Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:27 pm

I recently bought a 74 lemans and sometime in its previous life someone removed the high blower relay and cut the wires to the blower motor resistor. I got a new relay and I have a factory shop manual. I hooked up the wiring the best I can tell from the book but when I do the fan runs the same in all positions, including "off". (key On)
What isn't clear in the shop manual is the wiring for the blower resistor plug. The resistor plug has 4 outlets. Bottom, middle, top left and top right and the wires are...

Purple 14 from the from the in car ambient switch
Black/wht14 from fan switch medium 1
Blue/dk 14 from fan switch medium 2
Black/wht 12 from from the high blower relay
Black 12 to the blower motor

The current hookup I have is: purple 14 in the bottom, black/wht 14 middle, blue/dk 14 top right, black/wht 12 (high in)and black 12 (blower out) top left.

If anyone Knows where I've gone wrong please let me know.

Thanks,

swanwr
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Blower Motor Wiring Empty Re: Blower Motor Wiring

Post by 77mali Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:35 pm

Can you post a pic of the relay? My harness is off the car, might be able to help you tomorrow- have to find the box it's in but it's Chevy not Pontiac.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by swanwr Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:15 pm

77mali wrote:Can you post a pic of the relay? My harness is off the car, might be able to help you tomorrow- have to find the box it's in but it's Chevy not Pontiac.

Thanks for the help, but I was able to figure it out. Lo was plugged into slot with 3 resistance wires, med 1: 2 resistance wires, Med 2: 1 resistance wire and high was straight to the blower through a relay.

swanwr
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down