G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet Another Newbie

+5
The Dude
BlackChevelleSS
ant7377
IndyG3
1973 454 MONTE
9 posters

Go down

Yet Another Newbie Empty Yet Another Newbie

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Hello to everyone on the site! With the recommendation of one of your esteemed members (HDHugger), I became a registered member a couple of weeks ago, but just haven't had the time to properly introduce myself. I've already had the opportunity to meet several members and am looking forward to becoming an active participant in the discussions. Hopefully, I'll be able to contribute some knowledge gained over the years from my working on and pulling parts from the various mid-70's "A" bodies.

I currently own a 1977 Monte Carlo that was purchased from a shirt-tail relative about 14 yrs ago with 37K miles on it. Supposedly, the car was a Christmas gift from her husband...but, a few short years later, he passed away and she basically parked it in her garage and let it sit. When I was given the chance to purchase it, I couldn't help but notice how extremely clean and rust-free it was. Didn't take long for me to decide I had to be it's next caretaker! It had been undercoated to protect the underside from the few winters of road salt that it might have seen. Of course, it needed to be gone through to change old fluids, belts, hoses, etc...and, new tires were in order. But overall, it was exceptionally well cared for and required very little to bring it up to date. I have always loved the GM "A" bodies and went without for a long time while raising a family. This just brought me full circle to the cars I used to love driving back in the day.

Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Yet Another Newbie Empty Re: Yet Another Newbie

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:53 pm

welcome aboard.
you can/will get alot of info from us A-bodyholics.
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:55 pm

Welcome!
Pics of rides are always wanted/needed/required lol!
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:59 pm

Welcome !!!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:34 am

IndyG3 wrote:Welcome!
Pics of rides are always wanted/needed/required lol!

Its "Pics or BAN" lol

Welcome to G3GM

Yet Another Newbie SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:28 am

Welcome to our forum! Hope you find yourself at home with all of the rest of us crazies here.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:30 am

It's about time you properly introduced yourself! Now back to business... I'm ready for those parts...

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:33 am

+1 SC for recommending someone here, HD.
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks. He's da bomb. I am sure we will be very pleased with his contributions. I am glad I found him on eBay.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:49 am

he already helped one person on the site and he is helping me find some parts now too thanks =]
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:10 am

Actually, that will make 3 happy people. He sold me a lower console skirt, the original shifter with complete assembly, and a clock delete plate. All were in great shape and packaged very well. I have another list that we have been discussing for a few weeks. I like it that I can give him a list, he finds the best parts, and ships them all once a month. That works out great.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:16 am

Welcome. I am looking forward to your discussions on our Achilles Heels. JB

Last edited by JB2wheeler on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:07 pm

HDHugger wrote:Actually, that will make 3 happy people. He sold me a lower console skirt, the original shifter with complete assembly, and a clock delete plate. All were in great shape and packaged very well. I have another list that we have been discussing for a few weeks. I like it that I can give him a list, he finds the best parts, and ships them all once a month. That works out great.

well thanks for introducing him to this site. i have him looking for some el camino and malibu fender emblems, and the rear passengers quarter panel extension. hopefully he finds some then i can get more parts from him
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HDHugger Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Wow, we are going to make him a busy boy! I hope he's making a list with everyone's names and what they need. We may have to change HIS name to Santa Claus!

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:02 pm

HDHugger wrote:Wow, we are going to make him a busy boy! I hope he's making a list with everyone's names and what they need. We may have to change HIS name to Santa Claus!

hahahahaha that made me laugh street cred
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Yet Another Newbie Empty Yet Another Newbie

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:57 pm

Thanks, everybody, for your welcoming comments! It's nice to be among "friends" who share the love of the "A" bodies! I attended a local car show yesterday and sadly, there was only one other "A" body represented ('73 Lemans GTO) out of est. 100 cars. We've all got our work cut out for us to get these cars some respect!

I do intend to get a picture or two posted of my car as soon as I figure out how to accomplish that. I'm what you might call...umm...technology challenged!

Jackie, Brandon, Tom...will be getting some updated info to you on the parts status.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down