G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Retains the Hood Release Handle?

2 posters

Go down

What Retains the Hood Release Handle? Empty What Retains the Hood Release Handle?

Post by 73 ss wgn Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:35 pm

How is the hood release handle assembly supposed to be secured to the driver's side kick panel? Mine comes out with the handle when I pull it. I'm guessing there was some kind of clip here that I took off a long time ago when I pulled the kick panel to fix something. And if it's a clip, where can I get one?

Thanks.

73 ss wgn
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

What Retains the Hood Release Handle? Empty Re: What Retains the Hood Release Handle?

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:37 pm

It is, indeed, a clip.  I seriously doubt it just fell off.  I've removed a number of these and they are very tight (as in you need to literally pry them off with a screwdriver).  I may have one in a bag of misc. fasteners...will need to look.  Otherwise, I imagine you'll need to get one off a kick panel in a JY.  It looks like this:

UPDATE: Well, that didn't take long...found one for you. Send me your name/address and I'll mail it out to 'ya.

What Retains the Hood Release Handle? 20240210
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

fasrnur and 76Chevelle2Tone like this post

Back to top Go down

What Retains the Hood Release Handle? Empty Re: What Retains the Hood Release Handle?

Post by 73 ss wgn Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:37 am

Perfect picture! Just what is missing. PM sent.

73 ss wgn
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down