G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Question - Wiper Blades - 16 inch?

2 posters

Go down

Last Question - Wiper Blades - 16 inch? Empty Last Question - Wiper Blades - 16 inch?

Post by jerry46765 Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:36 pm

Last question, wiper blade length in multiple posts say 16 inch. Two of my three cars have 18 inch blades and I would like to find some of the same 18 inch stainless replacements. They must be from a full size car or any other explanation? Anyone have a good source for the stainless Trico blades?

I don't really want to buy those cheesy restoration blades.

Thank you -
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Last Question - Wiper Blades - 16 inch? Empty Re: Last Question - Wiper Blades - 16 inch?

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:26 pm

I'm not quite clear as to your question, but it's a fact that all our G3's came with 16" blades.  You can still buy orignal style Trico 43-160 (16") blades.  They also make 43-180 (18") blades for those longer arms that someone swapped onto your vehicles at some point in time.  You'll have to shop online (Amazon) for these as your local auto parts stores are not going to be carrying them anymore.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Last Question - Wiper Blades - 16 inch? Empty Re: Last Question - Wiper Blades - 16 inch?

Post by jerry46765 Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:34 pm

I am trying to find a reasonably price stainless blade to replace the oddballs that I have now.

Need stainless not black, plastic, winter style and the whole blade with the insert.

We could buy those $40 restoration blades but they don't even look like the original ones, and they are double overpriced.

Thanks -
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:26 pm

Okay...so, you are looking for the 18" retainer arms that the Trico replacement blades mentioned above slide into? Those probably will have to come off a full size vehicle from that era.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down