G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seen on the HRPT 2019

+3
jerry46765
thatfnthing
73ss
7 posters

Go down

Seen on the HRPT 2019 Empty Seen on the HRPT 2019

Post by impalamonte Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:45 pm

Not many G3'S to share :

Seen on the HRPT 2019 76blie10

Seen on the HRPT 2019 76plds11

Seen on the HRPT 2019 77olds10
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Seen on the HRPT 2019 Empty Re: Seen on the HRPT 2019

Post by Limey SE Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:19 pm

The Cutlass Silver one red stripes is Jason Drown made a custom console for HRPT pretty slick actually and to believe 2 weeks ago he had a small interior fire he got it back together quick

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:28 pm

The best one at the wet Fort Wayne stop -

Seen on the HRPT 2019 Concept_01

Seen on the HRPT 2019 Concept_02

Seen on the HRPT 2019 Concept_03

Seen on the HRPT 2019 Concept_04

Seen on the HRPT 2019 Concept_05

Seen on the HRPT 2019 Concept_06

Seen on the HRPT 2019 Concept_07

Seen on the HRPT 2019 Concept_08
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:36 pm

I skipped Ft. Wayne and cruised up to Norwalk.....I figured if the turn out was anything like Bristol with rain...it would have been a bust. Many people on the public facebook page commented that they got stamped and left due to weather....late lunch and to the hotel.

But , if I would have been there....would have snapped a shot!!!!
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:03 pm

impalamonte wrote:I skipped Ft. Wayne and cruised up to Norwalk.....I figured if the turn out was anything like Bristol with rain...it would have been a bust. Many people on the public facebook page commented that they got stamped and left due to weather....late lunch and to the hotel.

But , if I would have been there....would have snapped a shot!!!!
Thanks for sharing the pics. I should have planned vacation better and cruised up to Norwalk and met with some of you. Would have been nice to get a few pics together. Any rain? I was there last week-end for the Super Summit. I made a few use-less passes down the track. It was a skating rink due to all the everyday drivers.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:35 pm

Maybe not a lot of G3 representation, but the ones that were there sure look good!
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by jerry46765 Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:12 pm

This is the second time at a power tour event. Not sure that I get the hype. So, pretty much a car show and some vendors - and drag racing if the venue has a drag strip. Didn't seem like anyone followed the event route, most were doing the direct run to the next location. I didn't see any specific events along the tour route? Then it's 50 bucks to drive your car into the car show if you don't long haul.

What am I missing?

Thanks -
jerry46765
jerry46765
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:15 pm

impalamonte wrote:Not many G3'S to share :

Seen on the HRPT 2019 76blie10

Seen on the HRPT 2019 76plds11

Seen on the HRPT 2019 77olds10

The blue car sure looks familiar... That 73 Laguna is stunning. I can't even imagine how much fiat currency is tied up in that beauty!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:43 pm

Is that your Laguna? It looked familiar when I first saw the pic. I also like that blue 442.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:29 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Is that your Laguna?  It looked familiar when I first saw the pic.  I also like that blue 442.

Hey Kevin! No, it's not mine. But it sure made me go over to my shop to make sure mine was still there lol!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:47 am

jerry46765 wrote:This is the second time at a power tour event.  Not sure that I get the hype.  So, pretty much a car show and some vendors - and drag racing if the venue has a drag strip.  Didn't seem like anyone followed the event route, most were doing the direct run to the next location.  I didn't see any specific events along the tour route?  Then it's 50 bucks to drive your car into the car show if you don't long haul.  

What am I missing?  

Thanks -

Rain was the event killer at many stops this year. I did enjoy my small piece (1600 miles) of the tour though.

There are points of interest listed on the Power Tour website. But , a lot of it is "create your own" points of interest along the way. You can make it a family "thing" . Take your son / brother.  Build memories. Many of the venues this year did have places to play...(i.e., drag strip , auto cross) . ALOT of people follow the event route. That is one of the draws. But , then again ,you can deviate. And I do deviate much of the time.  Nothing is set in stone. I have met people that I now have a friendship with that are from different areas of the U.S. and keep in contact via text and such. I also enjoy seeing the fabrication that people put so much time into and are passionate about their cars. Like me !!  I too think that the event fosters comradery among people sharing the same interest. I'll have to say that there are no people that I work with...that knows not anything about cars...other than where to put the gas. For me , it being able to talk to someone that shares a common interest. And a lot of them.  Simply.
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:47 pm

This is explains it alot for ones that dont get it some if not most of us work with non car guys gals plus the escape from the mundane of everyday life I would do if car was mobile enough for long haul and close enough for me to go

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down