G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need measurement between frame rails where rear crossmember is at

4 posters

Go down

Need measurement between frame rails where rear crossmember is at Empty Need measurement between frame rails where rear crossmember is at

Post by ROCKETQUEENONE Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:11 pm

Would somebody please give me the measurement between the frame rails where the rear crossmember is at. Fuel take tube comes up right by it. I have to weld a different rear crossmember in using what's left of my original due to a impact 5 years ago. I

Thank you!!
ROCKETQUEENONE
ROCKETQUEENONE
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Need measurement between frame rails where rear crossmember is at Empty Re: Need measurement between frame rails where rear crossmember is at

Post by Joe73 Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:41 pm

If your referring to the rear crossmember (above the rear axle), I have a measurement of 42 3/4" in front and behind of the crossmember. That measurement is inside to inside of the frame rails.

Please remember, my car is a 73, so the rear part of the frame is different than 74-77. It shouldnt matter but thought I'd mention it.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Need measurement between frame rails where rear crossmember is at Empty Re: Need measurement between frame rails where rear crossmember is at

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:31 pm

Hey. What year is your car? I have my 1976 Laguna in my garage right now with the gas tank out so taking a measurement would be real easy.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:01 pm

REVINKEVIN wrote:Hey.  What year is your car?  I have my 1976 Laguna in my garage right now with the gas tank out so taking a measurement would be real easy.

Rocketqueen needs this one measured

Need measurement between frame rails where rear crossmember is at 110

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:32 pm

My 73 is 45 1/2" outside edge to outside edge of that rear crossmember. But don't forget I don't have rear shock mounts on a 73.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:08 pm

I just measured what you have in the pic Limey.  From the outside edge to the outside edge mine is exactly 47.5 inches.  I can measure anything he needs back there right now.  

Hold on a second. I measured the mounting edge to edge.  I see in the pic you only want the frame itself?

Well, that's the only measurement I can make an get it perfect.  If I use your pic and try to do center to center I will have a variation.

I see the diff now, the bumper shocks are on in that pic. I took mine off to use the "suck that bumper in" brackets I got from the guy from Canada.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ROCKETQUEENONE Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:36 pm

I have a 77 442
ROCKETQUEENONE
ROCKETQUEENONE
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:05 pm

Lucky man. I like those. I also spare frame that I can measure tomorrow. All I need to know is what you need to know.
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down