G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WTB 75 Malibu Classic

+3
Damon23
Roadcaptain S3
MrMasacre
7 posters

Go down

WTB 75 Malibu Classic Empty WTB 75 Malibu Classic

Post by jaybee Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Frame, body & intetrior should to be in good shape, I can deal with the mechanicals-- I'm just no good at body work / paint. Would prefer a 350 / 350 eng./ trans combo. MUST have swivel buckets-- prefer black cloth seats / interior, and center console shift and small opera windows. An original A/C car is a plus. A running & drivable unit in decent shape would be great. I don'the mind paying a fair price for a good looking unit. I don!t have a lot of free time after work, so I'm not looking to take on a multi year project at this time, Just sonething for Saturday night cruising. I live in central Illinois and don't want to drive 5 states away to purchase unless you are willing to meet half way. PM me with phone number / contact info, ask for John.
jaybee
jaybee
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

WTB 75 Malibu Classic Empty Re: WTB 75 Malibu Classic

Post by MrMasacre Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:31 pm

Ive got a 75 malibu classic,
the frame and body is in decent shape, i just put new quarter panels on it.
The mechanical portion is done, 350 (bored 372), purple edlebrock cam, scat bottom end, 750 cfm carb, with a 700r4 tranny (i have the original turbo 350 tho)
Front seets are bench, black, column shift.
Runs and drives, insured and registered.
appraised for 6k last year

located around edmonton alberta

MrMasacre
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybee Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:38 pm

Could you text me some pictures of exterior / interior. My cell #309-338-3637 in Illinois USA ? or maybe e-mail ?
jaybee
jaybee
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMasacre Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:44 pm

i sent you a few pictures to your cell,

if you'd prefer to email im at
jay_2881@outlook.com

MrMasacre
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybee Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:43 pm

Would like to thank MrMasacre for his time & efforts in sending me pics of his car for sale. It would make a good project car for somebody-just more than I have time for right now. Long story short I'm still looking for a good driver / cruiser with decent body / interior. PM me if you know of one for sale. Thanks
jaybee
jaybee
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:02 pm

Here's a '75 in the Chicago area. Not everything you want but seems like a good start.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/cto/d/1975-chevrolet-chevelle/6415884828.html
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybee Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:40 am

Hawk03 Hay thanks for the info on that 75. looks like a great unit, I'll have to talk to mama about it. Little more then I'm looking to spend-but looks to be great shape and best of all only couple hours north of me.
jaybee
jaybee
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:50 pm

Any particular reason it must be a 75?
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:00 pm

No problem, if I see any more I'll post them. I like to see what out there. That one has been for sale for a few months so they might come down in price.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybee Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:09 pm

My high school hot rod. 350 hp sm blk. Smoked a lot of wanna be's back then. Also met my current wife in that car, been togather almost 37 years now. She claims it was the car that got her attention and I just went with the deal. Lol A lot of memories in that old girl. I'll follow up on this , thanks
jaybee
jaybee
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybee Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:13 pm

Never should have let that one get away. Due to moving 5 states away and owning 3 cars, a truck and bike, some had to be sacrificed with no storage options at the time.
jaybee
jaybee
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:56 am

Can't believe you have not found one yet but if your patient one will find you. I'm on the fence selling mine to get a Leman's or GTO. But it does not quite fit your wants.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Podor Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:55 pm

This popped up on the Facebook page.

https://charlestonwv.craigslist.org/cto/d/1975-chevy-chevelle/6386414638.html
Podor
Podor
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:56 pm

Seems to be a pretty solid '75 in the state north of you.

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/1975-chevelle-built-454/6439113365.html
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybee Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:35 pm

Just an FYI update on my quest to locate a 75. At this time I have an accepted offer on a very clean, low mileage 77 with excellent documentation. No it's not a 75, however all factors considered, I made an exception. I will continue to look at 75's, and it wouldn't be beyond me to have a pair of Malibu in the garage. I would like to thank everybody for contacting me with possible units to buy. Life is good. Happy New year to all the g3 members !
jaybee
jaybee
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybee Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:14 pm

Update !  Finalized purchase of 77 Malibu  yesterday. It' s been a long winter trying to trailer car when roads were crappy all the time. Car is in great condition,  everything pictures showed it to be. Maybe some small hometown car shows in future and Saturday night cruise ins. Thanks to all involved.
jaybee
jaybee
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by S3SS Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:28 pm

Thats terrific. This is mine. (76) I've kept, sort of the same story bought while with my high school girlfriend (now wife) in 84. Still have it .....WTB 75 Malibu Classic Eab26687dc30dc33f1378eabd88af72b Any pics??
S3SS
S3SS
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by jaybee Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:32 pm

S3SS  That's a very nice looking malibu, very glad for you that you could hang on to it all these years. I'm  sure you have many a good memory  with the car  and your wife. I really  wish circumstances were different years ago and I would have been in a position to store  my old 75. After all these years and I've  never seen another one opted the way mine was. Being an auto mechanic I  tend to see my share of car shows. I will post photos when weather is nice and I can wash / wax her. Jay Bee.
jaybee
jaybee
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Podor Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:17 am

I was on a quest for a '74 this past summer and found a '77 that I couldn't pass up. I'm extremely happy with it. 53k miles and 98% rust free. I like all G3s, but I was a round headlight guy at first. Now I'm really liking the "4 eyes" look, especially with the vertical bars on the '77 grill.
Podor
Podor
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down