G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need choke thermostat cover

2 posters

Go down

Need choke thermostat cover Empty Need choke thermostat cover

Post by Joe73 Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:38 pm

Anyone have one of these ? Mine disappeared in storage right off the manifold. Must have gotten bumped and popped off. Its for a 4 barrel Rochester carb. Cheap little part but I'd rather have original. http://www.ecklerscorvette.com/corvette-carburetor-choke-coil-cover-1970-1974.html

Also looking for the set of 8 original valve cover bolts with the weird shaped washers and plug wire clips if you have them. Had them in a bag, but also MIA, for now. I know they'll pop up. For a small block.

Message if you have anything. Pics would be great. Thanks
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Need choke thermostat cover Empty Re: Need choke thermostat cover

Post by Joe73 Sat May 27, 2017 10:07 pm

Many thanks to eboklund73 who hooked me up with the choke parts I was looking for. Eric is a real gentleman to deal with.

Still on the look out for the 8 original valve cover bolts with washers and plug wire clips.

Thanks
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Wed May 31, 2017 6:43 pm

I checked an old 350 I've got for the clips. 1 broke, 1 missing, 1 bent. These are for the hei wires. You looking for the point type wires? I've probably got them somewhere.... You going with original q-jet & manifold on your build?
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed May 31, 2017 7:17 pm

Yes, its for a points ignitions setup. I'm not going original with the motor or the internals of it. Just everything else except the wheels. As I go through my original parts I find there are some small things (like these bolts and wire retainers) that I cant find. I know I have them somewhere but havent seen them since the 80s. Just glad I kept all my original parts like the manifold with carb and dizzy, exhaust manifolds, air pump, etc. Have it all in boxes.

My original block will contain 10.3:1 compression, 292 duration flat tappet, rpm air gap, holley 750 vacuum, aluminum heads, etc. Should move along nicely.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down