G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

E brake parts

5 posters

Go down

E brake parts Empty E brake parts

Post by Damon23 Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:54 pm

So I moved the 75 Malibu out to get to some things in front of it off the shelf. I put the e brake on and walked away. I got what I needed and went to release the brake and I have no e brake release lever. No cable to the e brake either. I thought I was screwed but found the lever the cable goes to and it released it. Does anyone sell this new or is it a junkyard part? I don't want any time of universal aftermarket release. Thanks.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

E brake parts Empty Re: E brake parts

Post by 77ElClassic Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:14 pm

All the research I did, I was unable to locate any after-market or used online. I was lucky enough that a member here sold me one reasonable. I hope you have the same luck.
I did figure out how to release with my left toe and had to do that for quite some time.
77ElClassic
77ElClassic
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:29 pm

If anyone can find those parts Damon, it would be Monte77. Give I'm a shoot here and see what he can do for you.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by crice63 Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm pretty sure the 73 I left in San Jose had those parts:
https://www.g3gm.com/t10387-pick-n-pull-73-chevelle

You can also check the yards listed on car-parts.com or www.hollanderparts.com. Sometimes the yards won't list all their individual parts so you have to search related parts just to see if yards near you have the right car on the lot. I found some seat belts like this and a few other sundry parts.

I also ran across this, which is just the handle, sounds like you need more than just that.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/64-74-CHEVY-GMC-TRUCK-CHEVELLE-442-GTO-CAMARO-NOVA-NOS-GM-E-BRAKE-HANDLE-/391546178118?fits=Make%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3AChevelle&hash=item5b29f88a46:g:28cAAMXQySpRV30R&vxp=mtr

crice63
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:54 pm

I've got a spare one with nice lettering...but, will have to check to see if I have the clip that holds it in place.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:57 am

crice63 wrote:I'm pretty sure the 73 I left in San Jose had those parts:
https://www.g3gm.com/t10387-pick-n-pull-73-chevelle

You can also check the yards listed on car-parts.com or www.hollanderparts.com. Sometimes the yards won't list all their individual parts so you have to search related parts just to see if yards near you have the right car on the lot. I found some seat belts like this and a few other sundry parts.

I also ran across this, which is just the handle, sounds like you need more than just that.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/64-74-CHEVY-GMC-TRUCK-CHEVELLE-442-GTO-CAMARO-NOVA-NOS-GM-E-BRAKE-HANDLE-/391546178118?fits=Make%3AChevrolet%7CModel%3AChevelle&hash=item5b29f88a46:g:28cAAMXQySpRV30R&vxp=mtr

I got I. Touch with that yard about the crossmember and they referred me to a site called lot 52 that had parts pullers that would charge you to pull, pack and ship parts. I had no luck but ended up with a nice one.

Mcarlo thanks for looking for me.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:34 pm

PM sent.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:58 pm

Never got the PM.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Hmmmm...I did check my Sent folder and it shows it's full. Maybe it wouldn't go thru if that was the case? I'll send another.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Damon23 Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:51 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:Hmmmm...I did check my Sent folder and it shows it's full.  Maybe it wouldn't go thru if that was the case?  I'll send another.

Got it and I'll take that deal. Shoot me you PayPal info with a total. Thanks.

Damon23
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down