G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I want to go from 76 tail panel to 74.

4 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

I want to go from 76 tail panel to 74. Empty I want to go from 76 tail panel to 74.

Post by a-body Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:40 am

I know 73 is better but the work required for that is unrealistic and I'd be better off finding a 73. I already have a 74 laguna that is far too rusty to do anything with, but the nose is nice and the tail is nice. I looks like if I took the trunk lid and tail panel from the 74 that it would just bolt up, am I wrong? What else am I missing? They both have that rear piece that looks like it detaches. Do I need to do any cutting or welding? Thanks in advance.
a-body
a-body
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

I want to go from 76 tail panel to 74. Empty Re: I want to go from 76 tail panel to 74.

Post by dynchel Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:01 am

I think the metal part behind the tail panel will need modified.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

I want to go from 76 tail panel to 74. Empty Re: I want to go from 76 tail panel to 74.

Post by Limey SE Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:52 am

If I am reading right you want to go from a 76 to a 74 Tail section ?

You will not only have to change the Tail light section but where the trunk latch's Also. Not saying it could not be done but would require alot of mod's to make it work... Would be easier to just find another 74

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:02 pm

I will scan pics Monday at work but I have posted pics of this before. It is NOT hard, just time consuming. There are a lot and I mean a lot of spot welds to deal with. Once you get them drilled out and cleaned up on both pieces it will fit right together. (just have a few pair of vise grips handy. Also, I did absolutely nothing with my trunk latch. This is way cheaper than starting over with a new car!
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:44 pm

Budman I always assumed the where the truck latch hooks on a 74 is different due to the shape of the lid..... Hmm Old Dog learns new trick Thanks Buddy

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by a-body Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:07 am

Thank you Budman please do let me know and post those pics they would help a ton. I want to make my dream car lol white with red stripe laguna with a 74 nose and tail lights Smile
a-body
a-body
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down