G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hagerty Guys buy and test El Camino

+5
pila
ant7377
77mali
Roadcaptain S3
Tom77
9 posters

G3GM :: Media :: Videos

Go down

Hagerty Guys buy and test El Camino Empty Hagerty Guys buy and test El Camino

Post by Tom77 Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:31 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZmwAIEutYY

Nice El Camino and bought cheap.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Hagerty Guys buy and test El Camino Empty Re: Hagerty Guys buy and test El Camino

Post by pila Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:40 pm

If that Elco was for sale here/now, I would buy it in a heartbeat !! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Hagerty Guys buy and test El Camino Empty Re: Hagerty Guys buy and test El Camino

Post by 77mali Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:59 am

Great looking Elco in that video for the money paid.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Friggin Dweebs. Kinda guys you want to punch in the face when you hear them babbling to each other at a car show. That Elco is real nice for 3 g's. The one nerd never even owned an old car. I swear i got mad watching that!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Me and Paul are gonna fly out there and kick their asses.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:29 pm

The little dude annoyed me by instantly jumping on the same old, uninformed lazy HP argument. This nitwit bought a Bug and wants to criticize an El Camino for HP?????

I've had several cars insured through Hagerty. When I got the 77 home, I called and talked to a lady to insure it with them as well.
When I described it to her and told her what I wanted to do, she got kinda s***** with me about what it was and the value of it.
I more or less told her to eat **** and hung up.

The next day a guy called me back and apologized for her idiocy. He went on to tell me that he had looked into it and they would agree to cover me for a little more than what I originally wanted. He explained that they were really just starting to catch up on 70s car values.

If you get on their site, they still don't list any 73-77 Chevelle except the 73 SS.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:25 pm

ant7377 wrote:Me and Paul are gonna fly out there and kick their asses.

Lets go! We'll take your 73 & show em a Monte...Bet they ain't never seen one. LOL
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:07 pm

Hell yes, I'll go out there with you guys, and I'll buy the beer ! Twisted Evil

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:32 pm

Yeah. I got a bat in the trunk we can use.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:28 am

I guess that we have to make allowances for the younger guys that just don't know much about vehicles that are over 3 years old ! Very Happy

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:22 am

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:The little dude annoyed me by instantly jumping on the same old, uninformed lazy HP argument. This nitwit bought a Bug and wants to criticize an El Camino for HP?????

Agreed.  That guy needs a punch in the face over IP. And he's old enough to know better! Make that two punches.

Dear Hagerty:

The cars you traditionally insure are becoming more rare and more expensive.  This means that you are in the same position as all the car clubs that are facing dwindling/dying-off membership.  Your customer base will be shrinking right along with them.  Do you really think your best plan to acquire new customers is to insult their choice of car, especially after demonstrating that you know so little about them?

I realize you're trying desperately to be Top Gear, but 1) your guys are neither entertaining nor informed, and 2) Top Gear is not trying get to sell anyone insurance, so they can get away with insulting whomever they wish.  You do not have that luxury.

Sincerely,

A satisfied State Farm customer
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by tropdeprojet Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Great El Camino. The car look like the same of a 75 Classic in bought in hte past!
Hagerty Guys buy and test El Camino 1cook_11
tropdeprojet
tropdeprojet
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:55 pm

tropdeprojet wrote:Great El Camino. The car look like the same of a 75 Classic in bought in hte past!
Hagerty Guys buy and test El Camino 1cook_11

I really like that 2-tone color combo.....!

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic  (awaiting new owner)
"You can say there's no such thing as Santa" __ Elmo'N'Patsy __ 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Hagerty Guys buy and test El Camino Empty what a difference 8 years makes

Post by 76Chevelle2Tone Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:27 am

I recently switched to Hagerty Ins and got a 30% price cut from my current policy and more coverage. They seemed knowledgeable about the G3 cars so I guess change can happen. And I saw today a El Camino when I brought the car in for safety inspection. It had the inverse coloration of the pictured pickup and was in very nice condition. I very rarely see any G3 Chevys other than the Montes on the East Coast.
76Chevelle2Tone
76Chevelle2Tone
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Limey SE likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down