G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Rare Is This?

4 posters

Go down

How Rare Is This? Empty How Rare Is This?

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:30 pm

I forgot I saw this last year while working in Detroit.  It was in the parking lot one morning and I went crazy for it.  It was a rust bucket but I had never seen one with the breakdown like this one.  1973 Chevelle SS, Canadian spec car, factory 454. factory 4-speed, and bucket seats.   How many of these could there be?

How Rare Is This? 001

How Rare Is This? 004
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

How Rare Is This? Empty Re: How Rare Is This?

Post by Limey SE Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:41 pm

Not a lot Joe73 could answer more he has One

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:34 am

Mines not a big block car. The 350 is way more common. The 350 came.in 2bbl and 4bbl versions. From all Ive read there were approximately 600 , 454 , 4spd 73 ss cars produced.  
My buddy had one in 81 with 50's on the back.  It was a cool car til he totaled it.  I still remember the junkyard.towing it away.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:58 am

Joe are you talking specifically only about Canadian-built 73 SS 454 4 speed cars? Or total Chevrolet production globally for that year and breakdown? I always thought the global (US and Canada built) total was 2400.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:14 am

I should have clarified, Ive only seen the total numbers. Never seen the big block broken down by country/market.

Just to clarify we are talking about SS optioned cars. There were big block 73 cars also produced. And since the SS option is an "appearance" package it could be ordered on any V8 car except with 307.

Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:42 am

Thats a good blue for that car. Wish mine came with that color instead of my midnight blue.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:53 am

I'd say that for 1973 the SS option was more than just an appearance package, since it required you to order "optional" powerplants above and beyond the 6 cylinder and the 307 standard V8. It also required the front and rear stabilizers. Now in reality, we know that compared to the glory years, these SS requirements had lost their potency by 1973, but technically it was still more than just appearance.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:35 am

clanceman427 wrote:I'd say that for 1973 the SS option was more than just an appearance package, since it required you to order "optional" powerplants above and beyond the 6 cylinder and the 307 standard V8.  It also required the front and rear stabilizers.  Now in reality, we know that compared to the glory years, these SS requirements had lost their potency by 1973, but technically it was still more than just appearance.  

I agree, you had to order either the 350 (2 or 4 bbl) or the 454 engine in order to order the SS option.
The SS option Z15 includes the rear sway bar and larger front bar standard with the package.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down