G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

where does vapor can lid hose go? 73 SS

4 posters

Go down

where does vapor can lid hose go? 73 SS Empty where does vapor can lid hose go? 73 SS

Post by clanceman427 Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:11 pm

As I get this car back together, my attention turns to the OEM fuel vapor canister and plumbing. A previous owner had taken the front bumper, header panel, and trim off the front end at some point in time. They left the charcoal fuel vapor canister intact and laying in the front drivers side corner of the engine compartment, and left all 3 lines that go to the top of the canister undisturbed and connected, but the metal bracket that mounts the can to the radiator support and the can's bottom "lid" with hose was in the trunk.

I figured out the mounting of the metal bracket, but the "lid" or cover that goes on the bottom of the can has a hose on it with a metal attaching bracket on the end of it. Where does that bracket/hose end bolt up? I've been searching online for images and schematics, and I also searched the Gallery here (someone has a great set of photoes of a 73 Chevelle survivor engine bay which I've been using to figure out other things) but couldn't find a photo to clue me in on where this goes.

Anybody have a photo of where this hose end is supposed to go? Thanks.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

where does vapor can lid hose go? 73 SS Empty Re: where does vapor can lid hose go? 73 SS

Post by ant7377 Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:39 am

On my 73 monte one hangs down and bolted to the frame. Might be it.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

where does vapor can lid hose go? 73 SS Empty Re: where does vapor can lid hose go? 73 SS

Post by Joe73 Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:04 am

Yes, I recall it bolting to the frame. Extend the hose near the frame and look for a hole.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by clanceman427 Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:02 am

Thanks guys, will do.
clanceman427
clanceman427
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:35 pm

This is the best pic I could find of mine before I ripped it all out

where does vapor can lid hose go? 73 SS Img_0710
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum