G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme

+9
dynchel
knightfan26917
Dinomyte
ant7377
clanceman427
77mali
74 beast
Pdawgie
chevellelaguna
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme - Page 2 Empty Re: Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme

Post by Limey SE Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:04 pm

This is the one by Me Christine and Eric

Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme - Page 2 11891010
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme - Page 2 Empty Re: Put-er ther new guy from Canada with a 76 cutlass supreme

Post by ant7377 Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:56 pm

Hey welcome,its nice you guys work together on your car. My wife gets mad at me if I need her to help me bleed brakes . Very Happy
If you need a Monte there are plenty around here always for sale. Let me know I can keep an eye out for you.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:28 am

Welcome to G3GM, cutlass couple. The first car I bought was that shade of blue. A 1977 Skybird. If you want tips on how to man that color up a bit, just ask.

It makes for an interesting read not knowing which one of you is typing.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:08 am

Christine is usually the one Typing since its her car,  per Eric he left her here for to gain knowledge till She gets her SS, And she Signs it Christine and Eric and he signs it Eric and Christine
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:29 pm

cutlassguy wrote:Thanks Guys,

Our Cutlass has been an awesome project and has brought my husband and I closer over the last few years. I must say having viewed so many beautiful malibu's on the site I'm really beginning to like them, especially the 76-77's. My husband and I looked on Kijjiji last night but not 1 for sale.
Dinomyte...We are about 2 hrs north east of London. ( Orangeville area)
We are heading out for an extra long weekend this afternoon, hope you all have a great weekend. Drive safe!

Christine & Eric

If you're coming to or through SWO, let me know. I've got a neighbor with a '77 Cutlas was his dad's, they are just as nice as the Chevys.

Dino
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:48 pm

Welcome, Christine & Eric!

LOVE that blue color on your Cutlass.

Cort Smile www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Sometimes you just get a feeling like you need some kind of change" __ David Pomeranz __ 'Nothing's Gonna Stop Me Now (Perfect Strangers)'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlassguy Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:06 pm

Thanks so much guys! I feel very comfortable here.
Anthony figured out who's who when you see messages from us lol. My husband usually goes on the Classic olds site as well as the Pontiac G8 site, we own his and her's 2009 Pontiac G8'S. BTW,..  I also like my G8 very much.
Just wondering... I asked my husband if our 76 cutlass was part of the G3's here but he said " idunno" Hah isn't that all men's response lol.
If someone could tell me what the parameters of the site here is, To my understanding its 73-76 Montecarlo's and malibu's, chevelle's am I correct ?
Also I have been looking into the 74-77 malibu cars they have nice body lines....unlike myself at this age lol.
Thanks again for making my first ever car forum so warm and welcoming.

Christine
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:12 pm

All '73/'77 A body's fit this forum...
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by bigredlaguna Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:21 am

cutlassguy wrote:Thanks so much guys! I feel very comfortable here.
Anthony figured out who's who when you see messages from us lol. My husband usually goes on the Classic olds site as well as the Pontiac G8 site, we own his and her's 2009 Pontiac G8'S. BTW,..  I also like my G8 very much.
Just wondering... I asked my husband if our 76 cutlass was part of the G3's here but he said " idunno" Hah isn't that all men's response lol.
If someone could tell me what the parameters of the site here is, To my understanding its 73-76 Montecarlo's and malibu's, chevelle's am I correct ?
Also I have been looking into the 74-77 malibu cars they have nice body lines....unlike myself at this age lol.
Thanks again for making my first ever car forum so warm and welcoming.

Christine

The header at the top of the page has a list of all the "G3" A-body cars in small white print.
bigredlaguna
bigredlaguna
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:53 am

Anything from 1973 - 1977 Made by GM in the intermediate size Pontiac, Olds, Chevy, And Lastly Buick I.E. Regal, Grand Sport, Monte Carlo, Chevelle, Cutlass ( 442 ), Lemans, Can Am and the such
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:55 am

They're all very similar under the skin, so we can all help each other out.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlassguy Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:01 pm

thatfnthing wrote:They're all very similar under the skin, so we can all help each other out.

That's what the car hobby is all about, helping each other. My husband is getting ready to install the newly arrived Wilwood master cylinder along with a chrome brake booster. He finished up putting on the Wilwood 2 piston calipers which went well. So I'm hoping this goes well. He also has a DUI distributor to install as well. I guess the car thing never ends LOL.
Christine
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:18 am

No it doesn't. There's always one more improvement you can make to it. Smile

Tell him he'll like the DUI -- I have one myself and it's been great.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cutlassguy Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:52 am

thatfnthing wrote:

Tell him he'll like the DUI -- I have one myself and it's been great.

That's good to know, I only have an old rusty induction timing light. I have been told I would need a new dial back timing light to avoid any unheard " detonation" any tips on how things went with your install? The base of the distributor is scribed 28 @ 3000 so I'm assuming this is where the timing needs to be with this unit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Eric
cutlassguy
cutlassguy
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:58 pm

Maybe they do it differently now (I've had mine for some time) or maybe it's because mine is EFI, but I didn't have that many caveats, and my induction timing light worked just fine.  Since I have TPI, the only requirement was to set the base timing at idle, and the computer advances/retards as necessary from there.  Wish I could offer more assistance, but it was about as plug-n-play as it gets.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2