G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help; Core Support Cover & Fan Shroud

2 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Need Help; Core Support Cover & Fan Shroud Empty Need Help; Core Support Cover & Fan Shroud

Post by BBMALIBU Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:54 pm

Hey Everyone,

Could someone with a 73-77 Malibu/Chevelle with a BBC and factory fan shroud, please post some pictures of:
1. The fan shroud mounting to the radiator core support cover  
2. The left & right side of the shroud and radiator
3. Lower mount area

I have a problem with the shroud not fitting correctly.  When I install the shroud, the top holes don't line up with the radiator core support cover.  

In order for me to line the holes up, I would have to remove about 1/2 inch off the driver side of the shroud.
But then, the shroud looks like it would be off center from the clutch fan/water pump.

I am starting to think that I either have the wrong radiator core support cover, or it was manufactured incorrectly.
It is a chrome one made by Morose with 4 bolts, I bought it many years ago.

Are the covers for the 68-72 chevelles different than 73-77?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Need Help; Core Support Cover & Fan Shroud Empty Re: Need Help; Core Support Cover & Fan Shroud

Post by Limey SE Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:50 pm

Yes I do believe the core support cover will be different from 72 down and 73-77
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Need Help; Core Support Cover & Fan Shroud Empty Re: Need Help; Core Support Cover & Fan Shroud

Post by BBMALIBU Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Please dismiss my original post, need new glasses Shocked

New question:

When going from a factory 2 row radiator to a HD 4 row, has anyone had to modify (cut) the fan shroud on the drivers side?
BBMALIBU
BBMALIBU
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down