G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FIREWALL PADS

+3
Joe73
pila
brownbomber77
7 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

FIREWALL PADS Empty FIREWALL PADS

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:41 am

Insulated panels for the floorboards are still avail but have never seen these re-made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-1977-GM-A-BODY-FIREWALL-PAD-W-CLIPS-/320923870897?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1977|Model%3AMalibu&hash=item4ab88da6b1&vxp=mtr
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

FIREWALL PADS Empty Re: FIREWALL PADS

Post by chevellelaguna Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:17 pm

Original Parts Group came out with those three years ago.
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Post a link.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by brownbomber77 Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:29 pm

I'm gonna insulate the interior with mobile home roof repair. Comes in rolls. Tar on one side, foil on the other. Kinda like dynamat except 1/10 he price

brownbomber77
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:10 pm

The roofing products can be problematic- if it melts any through the seems it may bleed up through the carpet & make a mess & stink. Same on the vertical- might bleed through panels, etc. That pad is pretty cheap and the ones for over the floors are even less- all the sound deadener (molded to factory style) is only like $50.00 It gets hot in the car w/ the windows rolled up in summer- be careful on what product you go with if you're going that route.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:43 pm

By the time OPGI came out with those, I had already made some. Maybe later on I'll replace them....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:11 pm

I would post a link but their website is horrible! They have both the jute pad and the asphalt die cut pad
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:29 pm

I put brand new factory stuff under my carpet years ago. Still looks great. But I just bought some GTMAT on ebay for $110 for a whole kit. They have a nice youtube video comparing them to other manufacturers. Reasonably priced and 80 mil. I'll be using gtmat instead of the factory stuff.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:52 pm

Every time I used to go on OPGI's site I could never find much for my 77. Plenty of other good vendors out there and @ the same or better prices. I'm staying with factory heat shields for a couple of reasons, the 1st is that it will keep out enough heat & noise but I can still hear my exhaust & engine notes from inside the car, as intended back in '77. Second- fairly cheap as compared to all those kits out there & I'm not building a concourse car. Just wanted to post the link for anyone that might be looking for that specific item, thought it was interesting- ya' know?
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:18 pm

I used the stuff that is like foil on one side and carpet pad on the other with spray adhesive when I did the carpet on my 73 (Which im still not happy with) . Seemed to work good. My friend used Dynamat on his Camaro. Came out good really quiet inside.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by chevellelaguna Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:16 pm

Completely agree about Opgi's site! I hate it, I just get their catalogue very year, far easier to see it all there. They actually do a great job on their catalogue!
Great that you found the link to other available suppliers though!
chevellelaguna
chevellelaguna
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:05 pm

Ecklers has them for $159.99...

http://www.ecklerschevelle.com/chevelle-insulation-quietride-firewall-insulation-molded-with-factory-ac-1973-1977.html
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down