G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention

+13
knightfan26917
Wallyuph
Dinomyte
switchbiker
77mali
pila
Limey SE
fishhead
bigredlaguna
chevellelaguna
dynchel
thatfnthing
sportster_restorer
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention - Page 2 Empty Re: 70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention

Post by alowerlevel Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:20 am

Roadcaptain S3 wrote:
alowerlevel wrote:
ant7377 wrote:Its really bad when you have guys with different gen cars hammering each other. Thats just dumb. You prefer one over the other is one thing but to bad mouth the other gyy is like being a child. Its a hobby. Get over it,right?

Out at the local shows here theres almost always at least 1 person that comes up to me and proceeds to talk down on my 73, but I let them talk then enjoy laughing at them

Usually goes something like

Guy : "Hey this your car?"
Me : "Yep"
Guy : "Why would you waste your money on one of those?  I would never own one of them, your just wasting your money"
Me :  Who tha **** asked ya,pappy?
Guy : "You'll never get your money back out of these cars, the only thing they are good for is demo derby/scrap metal/dirt track/etc"
Guy : "You should have bought a (insert random 64-72 year here), those are worth building, not these big ugly things."
Me : Smack,punch,kick,pee
Guy : "Yeah see now thats a realbutt kickin' "
Me : Somebody call an ambulance for this dumb old ****** please
Guy : "ouch,gurgle,uhhhhhh,gasp" then drive away on ambulance
/quote]

Edited

Hahaha, yea Ive felt like doing that a few times, but its not my style. Im real laid back about things and dont let much bother me, but its funny when you get some older guy thats a foot shorter than you telling you all the things you did wrong with your car.
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention - Page 2 Empty Re: 70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:57 am

chevellelaguna wrote:There's ALWAYS been crap about our cars not being included. Anyone remember Aces? They were totally biased to the earlier years. Don't know if that's changed... And you know what? I don't care! Done care about ANY organization that doesn't recognize our cars, cause I don't care about them. I like these styles of car before they became popular. I don't give a crap what anyone's negative opinion of our cars is. I MUST be getting old!
It's funny... Was driving them in the late 80's when they weren't "cool" to most people... And I'll be driving it again (God help me that I get it done!!)... And I again, won't care about anyone's condescending stupid remarks about the style of car it is. Get in your 64-72 mainstream Chevy product, enjoy it all you want! I think they're cool, just ask for some respect in return! Ohh yeah and thanks ACES for the exclusion to your "little group"
That's why we have our OWN following! Should call it Spades... Or something I dunno. I'm in the hospital, bored ,hopefully go home in a day or so 42 isn't THAT damn old!
Where's the Tylenol?!

I remember ACES. I spoke to Chuck once or twice when he was recruiting 73+ cars. The sad part was that he was a true fan and owned a couple of "late model" Chevelles, including a few Lagunas. He was trying to change the bias within ACES, but wasn't having a real easy time of it. I think a few guys here (or CT)even went to Chevellabration down in Nashville after Chuck convinced them to go. He saw the writing on the wall early on and was trying to include 73-77s and the 78 up Malibus and Elcos.

ACES wasn't a good fit for us because we are more than just Chevelle. We're Monte, Cutlass,Regal, Grand AM and even Grand Prix. ACES didn't include those because they weren't inclusive enough. That's why they disappeared too. I remember when guys would try to get ACES to include other A-bodies and get laughed at or shouted down. Pathetic.
That has probably even happened to folks who request a section fr other A's at teamchevelle.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Right, ACES dosent exist anymore. Jerks. I think the guy Chuck is ok though. I agree. I remember reading someplace that he had a Laguna or 2.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:41 pm

I ran across this on FB tonight I will let the pic speak for itself, It just reminds me of the previous comment's LOL

70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention - Page 2 10846064_10153004982635609_5021261441382494216_n
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:10 pm

Dont get it. Thats a nice Chevelle though.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:12 pm

HA! There's a wet spot in front of it. 

Prob had a little accident when they saw a '77 driving by.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:15 pm

77mali wrote:HA! There's a wet spot in front of it. 

Or the owner did. Sometimes at a really big show you cant find the porta john. You have to go find a big van or station wagon parked near a bush. Ask me how I know.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:26 pm

ant7377 wrote:Dont get it. Thats a nice Chevelle though.

The Award Sign it says Pour Sports and by what everyone was saying in earlier posts they just didn't want us around and NOW Ace's is no more, Seems like a better choice could have / should have been made
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:39 pm

You know what else. How many times have you gone to car shows and see a what first looks like a nicely restored "muscle car" then when you look closer you start to see header bolts missing and leaks around the carb and it runs like crap. Awful but all to common.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:08 pm

better put that rear pass side header bolt in before I go then LOL  J/K I have ALOT more bolts to do besides that ONE ..........
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:29 pm

ant7377 wrote:
77mali wrote:HA! There's a wet spot in front of it. 

Or the owner did. Sometimes at a really big show you cant find the porta john. You have to go find a big van or station wagon parked near a bush. Ask me how I know.

LMAO.  Bring a pickle jar man!
alien (Get it? ... Pickle?) Clapp
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by alowerlevel Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:00 am

ant7377 wrote:You know what else. How many times have you gone to car shows and see a what first looks like a nicely restored "muscle car" then when you look closer you start to see header bolts missing and leaks around the carb and it runs like crap. Awful but all to common.

Or the ones that have the yellow Accel plug wires running all over the engine

This ones not real bad, Ive seen alot worse around here.
70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention - Page 2 15799319_large
alowerlevel
alowerlevel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:22 am

After reading this with my morning coffee, I just want to say I don't care what anybody thinks about my car.  I enjoy driving it and working on it with my kids, friends, even my wife has helped, it's meant to be fun.  I've said many times I wouldn't do anything that couldn't be undone but that's just me.  It's make your car what you want it to be, starting with what you like, and ending up with something you like more!  

Don't be a knob.  

One day I had a guy start talking to me about all things he'd do differently and stuff that was wrong on the car and a good old why would you and so on, without knowing it was mine.  I politely asked him to point out his car at the cruise.  Turns out it was a minivan in the spectator lot.

70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention - Page 2 Dsc02410
Son number one (Ryan) helping with the install of the rear end (summer of '14)

70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention - Page 2 Dinoan10
Son number two (Jesse) helping me do a tune-up (summer of '07) wanting to know when he could drive it. Smile summer of '12 he saved an engine by reminding me that the piston ring gaps shouldn't all line up.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:32 am

The funny thing (as you mentioned) is that the critics STILL stop and look at them. They have enough interest to tell you what you should be doing with it. Obviously, they want one. HA!
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:56 am

Dino I think they are prepping you to take over the Bu my friend. Cool very cool they want to get involved like that, my two girls are like that also 11 & 5 years old they both cant wait to drive the car as mom sits back screaming ( at times ) they are girls let them be girls and the oldest chimes in so I will put barbie in the seat nex to me mom. Lol
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:14 pm

Limey SE wrote:Dino I think they are prepping you to take over the Bu my friend. Cool very cool they want to get involved like that, my two girls are like that also 11 & 5 years old they both cant wait to drive the car as mom sits back screaming ( at times ) they are girls let them be girls and the oldest chimes in so I will put barbie in the seat nex to me mom. Lol

LOL ! Barbie . . . we have something similar "girlfriend" the boys are 21 & 18 now.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:00 am

I really like the color on you car Dino ! Very Happy

Hopefully one of these days the suppliers will get with it & have some G3 parts built for us. New front fenders for example, are non-exsistant for our cars. I was lucky to find a pair of fairly decent fronts for my El Camino. Door Skins would be nice to have available too !

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:44 am

Thanks Pila - That makes one of us that likes the colour . . . I really want to paint the car just can't scrape together enough money for that big a project, not to mention the paint is actually in reasonably good shape. I want to paint the car a bright red like Wally's, and I can't decide between bright white or flat black reflective stripes, similar to what goes on the SE. Then I start thinking what about burnt orange, or . . . and on it goes. I've even had the thought to paint the thing bright yellow with black stripping and put a bumble bee on it. . . or just a little Mighty Mouse pic just in front of the rear wheel well . . . I just can't make up my mind.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:50 am

You know part of what makes these cars unique is the color. When you see some thing from this era with a mint original style paint job it reall catches your eye. Alot of the shades you just dont see anymore.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:04 am

Is it Butternut Yellow?  I like it too, whatever the shade.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:10 am

Did anyone watch wheeler dealers last night? He had a 76 jaguar with this very nice green paint job. Really sharp.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:50 am

ant7377 wrote:You know part of what makes these cars unique is the color. When you see some thing from this era with a mint original style paint job it reall catches your eye. Alot of the shades you just dont see anymore.

I'll give you that hands down. Chrysler did a wild job with colours like Plumb Crazy (purple) and that hot pink and the bright green. I'm just not a fan of buttery yellow that's all.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:58 am

Even GM Lemans blue and Marina blue and Pontiacs Verdoro green.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:21 am

I REALLY REALLY like that color with black top and stripes...

70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnmhJtOZSjluHoaaakQZpS5dI_jQi089YYE6n9h_d9g1drFEghRw

70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSN89Y2EMQqcBZVNp041x7Lk5W2f2iHGRqUUimsQD8DEoXbma--

70s Era Cars Getting A Little Attention - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRb2H8skC4bdhja8B8jrNhESy7xvY0lI2nxmZqqTvnAK86ySpGQw
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:14 pm

Those cars look good, Maybe it's the yellow paint & tan vinyl top I don't like the black with, or maybe a burning desire to have another red car Smile
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next