G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood

+2
Limey SE
454fourspeedss
6 posters

Go down

cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood  Empty cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood

Post by 454fourspeedss Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:03 am

check out Chicago Illinois craigslist there is a 73/77 cowl hood for 150.00 if anyone is close and needs one

454fourspeedss
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood  Empty Re: cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood

Post by Limey SE Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:17 pm

Talked to him tonight and its a steel hood with a Glass scoop put on ( doesn't remember if its 4" or 6" or riveted on ) then glassed over Looks great from the pics and also has the hole cut in the factory hood for the air cleaner to make the scoop functional
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood  Empty Interested in hood for my 76 elky

Post by mldinneny Mon May 11, 2020 7:15 pm

Need a straight hood for my 76 elky.  Cowl or flat.

mldinneny
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood  Empty Re: cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon May 11, 2020 7:24 pm

Would help if you stated where you live...cuz, you aren't going to find someone who's able to ship something like this.

Welcome to the site, btw....
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by mldinneny Mon May 11, 2020 10:28 pm

I am in Kansas City !

mldinneny
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by 77camino Tue May 12, 2020 9:38 am

mldinneny wrote:Need a straight hood for my 76 elky.  Cowl or flat.

Last month the pick n pull in KC had a 77 and a 75 Malibu. Unfortunately both are no longer on the website, so I assume they have been crushed. Welcome to the group. It’s always great to have another member from KC! You should start your own thread and introduce yourself and tell us about your El Camino.
77camino
77camino
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue May 12, 2020 11:40 am

I will add this...more often than not, hoods I see in the JY's have been bent to some degree from people trying to open/close them due to rusty or tight hinges (even cars brought up here from AZ).  Oftentimes, it's hard to see unless the hood is in the closed position.  Be careful when buying.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluzvr4 Thu May 28, 2020 4:53 pm

I have a stock hood in Illinois I’d sell for 50

Bluzvr4
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by mldinneny Thu May 28, 2020 5:16 pm

I am interested as long as it is straight - no rust or other damage. How much for shipping to 64014 ? Thanks.

mldinneny
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluzvr4 Thu May 28, 2020 5:50 pm

It’s not perfect. It had hood pin holes Drilled into it and has the typically sag in the middle of the hod that all chevys get. I don’t really want to ship but could look into it. cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood  E78a8e10

Bluzvr4
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by mldinneny Thu May 28, 2020 5:55 pm

Looks good. How much to ship ground to 64014, Blue Springs MO.

mldinneny
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by mldinneny Thu May 28, 2020 5:58 pm

can you send a photo of top showing pin holes ? As long as it sits right and latches like it should, I suspect I will take it. I suspect it will be 50.00 to 100.00 to ship which is OK with me. Obviously prefer 50.00 ! Very Happy

mldinneny
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluzvr4 Thu May 28, 2020 9:15 pm

I’ll get a pic tomorrow. It’s raining now. It only has on hole on each side cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood  6515d510
cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood  B0e66d10
cheap cheap cheap chevelle cowl hood  97482810

Bluzvr4
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu May 28, 2020 9:40 pm

I'm going to be real curious as to how you go about shipping one of these barn doors...let alone for $50-$100! Best of luck.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluzvr4 Thu May 28, 2020 9:52 pm

I am gonna price it but I doubt it’s cheap and if it ends up being to much of a pain it will stay out way lol

Bluzvr4
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by mldinneny Fri May 29, 2020 3:07 am

Looks straight except for pIN holes. Let me know how much to ship.

Thanks.

mldinneny
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down