G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

site problems

+4
pila
thatfnthing
bitterfitter
JB2wheeler
8 posters

Go down

site problems Empty site problems

Post by pila Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:40 pm

Today I had to log in manually again. no big deal, just bringing it up again. And the other problem is that I can't get off of the site without closing my browser. Something is wrong here...

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

site problems Empty Re: site problems

Post by JB2wheeler Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:33 pm

Number one: I also had to sign in today, and yes it is no big deal. Number two: I believe this must be a seperate item associated with your computer, because I did not have that problem. I have all kinds of actively on my computer besides what I do with it, I believe there are more people in China using my computer than I do. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by bitterfitter Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:54 pm

I had to sign in manually also. Glad I remembered the info.

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Requiring a manual login can be a function of the server, or it can be a function of your browser.  

From the server side, Dan can tell it to force you to log in, or more likely it will trigger that action on its own if some sort of update was put in place. It may also do that periodically on its own to clear out logins that are no longer valid and to stop bots from attempting to post.

More likely, however, is from your browser side: it will use cookies to remember you and your login credentials and automaticaly login for you the next time you visit, but if you should clear your cookies, browser cache, or history, it will forget all that and you will have to log in the next time you visit -- then the process starts over.  Cookies can also expire on their own after a specific time period, which then forces you to log in again the next time to get an updated cookie -- and again the process starts over.  Also, if your browser is set to clear the cache or cookies each time you exit, expect to have to login each time you visit.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm not smart enough to figure it out Very Happy  But this is the only site that has the problem for me, and I'm on a bunch of forums, like marine, aviation, and of course CARS ! Very Happy 

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:50 pm

I had this problem suddenly crop up on me a couple months ago on this site. Lasted 2-3 wks. and resolved itself just as suddenly. I had not knowingly done anything to my computer to cause the issue...or, to resolve it. I'm not very computer literate, either...so, I almost never touch any of the settings on my computer.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by switchbiker Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:14 pm

When not logged in, there is an an Ad that floats in the center of the screen. Probably a scripting error that affects IE, in Google Chrome & Firefox it doesn't happen.
switchbiker
switchbiker
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:58 pm

While we're at it, I can't stop the scrolling topics on the right with the mouse arrow in order to click on a topic & go to the page. Kinda weird. I have to right click "open in new tab" with some precision timing in order to navigate to the topic page.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe73 Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:16 pm

77mali wrote:While we're  at it, I can't stop the scrolling topics on the right with the mouse arrow in order to click on a topic & go to the page.  Kinda weird.  I have to right click "open in new tab" with some precision timing in order to navigate to the topic page.

Same here.
Joe73
Joe73
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down