G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think I may go take a looksee at this today

+2
Tom77
bitterfitter
6 posters

Go down

Think I may go take a looksee at this today Empty Think I may go take a looksee at this today

Post by Uncle Meano Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:46 am

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4250347486.html

Cool 
Uncle Meano
Uncle Meano
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Think I may go take a looksee at this today Empty Re: Think I may go take a looksee at this today

Post by bitterfitter Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:32 am

If I was anywhere near that, I would pick it up.

bitterfitter
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Think I may go take a looksee at this today Empty Re: Think I may go take a looksee at this today

Post by Tom77 Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Think somebody did! It was deleted.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:56 pm

The guy relisted it early today for $550...but apparently, it was headed for the scrap heap if somebody didn't jump on it immediately. What a shame...especially, when I think of what a rust-free car like that would be worth to someone like me here in MN as a solid project.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4273444820.html
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by dynchel Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:05 am

I'm really surprised no one bought that for $1000.00. That would have been gone in a day around here. It would have become a parts car, a stock car, or a "donk".
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Meano Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:25 am

I went and looked at and we agreed on $500 delivered to my house. He said his dad had a trailer and would deliver.
He showed upat my house with the thing on a car dolly with driveshaft still attached. Before I even made it outside he was trying to back it in on the dolly and I literally could hear the steering components cracking and bending. I showed him the bent tie rods and explained that the tranny was now toasted. We shook hands again on $350. Went to the title company and red flags went up! The clerk said the title wasn't in the system. I tried to save it from the crusher but I have no place to store a car without at least temp tags on it.
This thing had NO rust. Someone in this area may still be able to snag it this morning but the kid will send it to the crusher. He is poor and has to be out of his house today. he will take anything for it.
Uncle Meano
Uncle Meano
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:43 am

Wow...that's a shame!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by JiMi_DRiX Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:20 pm

Thats a bummer! I'm down in Tucson, and while I'd like a 73 Chevelle, I dont have the time or money for another car. You cant store a car without a temp tag? Do you live in a HOA neighborhood?
JiMi_DRiX
JiMi_DRiX
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down