G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windshield

5 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Windshield Empty Windshield

Post by driveit Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:35 am

Just wondering, I am getting this new Malibu with the busted front glass and I am trying to find out the cheapest way to fix it. The glass is busted bad and I believe that it is beyond repair. Wondering if I tell my insurance company that it was busted when I purchased it, would they fix it and would my rates go up.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Windshield Empty Re: Windshield

Post by dynchel Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:19 am

a windshield shouldn't be that expensive, probably less than you deductable (mine was)  $225.00 for the glass place to come to my work and install it (on my '03 crown victoria),  besides i think what you suggested would qualify as insurance fraud.Rolling Eyes
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:54 am

I called Safelite -- $169.00 and they came right to my house. They actually had one in stock with the built-in antenna. Pretty much not worth it to run it through insurance.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:53 am

I think the last time I called around the average was $40 a window if you had the glass.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:30 pm

I bought a new one from The Parts Place for my '75 Elco. The windshield was cheap, $179, but shipping was another 100 bucks, in a huge box. I bought the rope type seal on Ebay for 12 bucks, and a friend & I installed it with no problem.

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:41 am

dynchel wrote:a windshield shouldn't be that expensive, probably less than you deductable (mine was)  $225.00 for the glass place to come to my work and install it (on my '03 crown victoria),  besides i think what you suggested would qualify as insurance fraud.Rolling Eyes
Not sure what you mean there. My wife called them yesterday and told that I was buying a car and that the windshield was broken already, which it is. She asked if there was anyway to claim it on my insurance to get it replaced. Just a question as I wasn't sure how all of that worked. Anyway, they said no. I had several people who tried to get me to just tell them that something happened to it after I bought the car, but I could not do that and I told them. I want to be completely honest in everything I do. I believe that it is the only way to go. If it makes it a little bit harder on me, then so be it. I at least have set a good example for someone else. Smile

Cheapest I have found local is 185 and that is if I bring it to them and if they can reuse my current seal. I think its bad anyway. 205 if they had to put in a new one. Tires will have to wait. I'm not getting another ticket for a broken windshield.
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down