G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gettin' 3"-6" Tonight...Snow That Is!

+6
Wallyuph
JB2wheeler
BlackChevelleSS
pila
DoctorLarry
dynchel
10 posters

Go down

Gettin' 3"-6" Tonight...Snow That Is! Empty Gettin' 3"-6" Tonight...Snow That Is!

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:34 pm

WTF happened to Fall? We've had at least 2-3 wks of unusually cool weather around here and now we're supposed to get snow tonight? Can't even get the pre-winter chores done around the yard...not to mention winterizing the cars. Not ready for this...
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Gettin' 3"-6" Tonight...Snow That Is! Empty Re: Gettin' 3"-6" Tonight...Snow That Is!

Post by 77mali Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:44 pm

I have raked so many leaves over the past 3 weekends that I want to cut down all my trees! I finally got to the final mow & fall fertilizer for the grass but I still have to clean the F'n gutters. My snow thrower is on it's last legs (15 years old) and I'm Turd bricks just thinking about that little four letter "S" word.

Good luck my friend...my prayers are with you.
Laughing 
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Gettin' 3"-6" Tonight...Snow That Is! Empty Re: Gettin' 3"-6" Tonight...Snow That Is!

Post by dynchel Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:WTF happened to Fall?  We've had at least 2-3 wks of unusually cool weather around here and now we're supposed to get snow tonight?  Can't even get the pre-winter chores done around the yard...not to mention winterizing the cars.  Not ready for this...
We skipped over fall also, but they aren't calling for snow here yet.  Hey steve aka mcarlo77 you still want that box & lid? I pm'd a shipping price a while back and got no response.  Let me know.
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by DoctorLarry Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:16 pm

We already had one snow here in central IN-I had to clean it off the car. By 10 am it was gone, but that was a stinker!

DoctorLarry
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:28 pm

Still have mower on John deer but did get cutter's cleaned out today before snow started (They had ice in them this afternoon really cold on the hands) Still have leaves on trees here but mower is coming off this weekend. Looks like winter is here my friends.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by pila Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:35 pm

I'm lucky to have only one maple tree ( leaves) . The others are all pines. Pines can be a bit dirty too, but not like piles of leaves.
Not sure when snow will arrive in this area (mid-Mich)....

pila
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:25 pm

[  Hey steve aka mcarlo77 you still want that box & lid? I pm'd a shipping price a while back and got no response.  Let me know.[/quote]

My bad, John!  Just went back through my older PM's and found yours that you sent.  Yeah...I'd take that box & lid.  I'll get a check sent your way tomorrow.  Thanks.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:54 pm

I hope we get a good blasting with snow this year. Past couple of years we havent got anything worth mentioning. If its gonna be cold and wet, it needs to be snowing....

Gettin' 3"-6" Tonight...Snow That Is! SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:19 am

I love to shovel snow, it is good exercise. The only catch is you have to know the secret to the right way to do it. You need a 6 foot long shovel handle and it helps to have a dry snow like up north. The snow in Kentucky and south is a wet snow and a pain in the ...back. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:43 am

You guys...

"I hope we get a good blasting with snow this year"

"I love to shovel snow, it is good exercise."

I've been shoveling/blowing snow my entire life and, when you have to do it as often as we do up here in MN, the novelty has worn off a looong time ago.  Today, I woke up to maybe an inch or two on the lawn...but, the just the sight of it this early in the season is depressing.  Funny how it can make it seem so much colder outside than a similar day without snow on the ground.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:00 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:You guys...

I've been shoveling/blowing snow my entire life and, when you have to do it as often as we do up here in MN, the novelty has worn off a looong time ago.  Today, I woke up to maybe an inch or two on the lawn...but, the just the sight of it this early in the season is depressing.  Funny how it can make it seem so much colder outside than a similar day without snow on the ground.

Amen brother
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:42 pm

F' Winter in general.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:16 pm

77mali wrote:F' Winter in general.  

My sentiments exactly!

On a positive note, I was motivated to book my flight to Phoenix in January (wk of Barrett-Jackson). You AZ guys let me know if there's going to be a local car show we can hang out at!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:17 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:You guys...

Ditto on that. Don't get me wrong, I like the change of seasons. But winter has a tendency to drag on way too long. But last year I only had to break out my snowblower twice, and not at all the year before that. Around here there's been an upside to global warming, and I'm kinda likin' it that way.

Dan wants to get blasted with snow? He can have ours. Smile

thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:32 pm

I think I know what Dan means though- I'd rather have snow than freezing rain or even 38 degree rain whipping around with winter winds.

I'm also more than happy to send my snow down south but I hope any snow anyone gets this season is the fluffy kind that you can blow off your stairs of off your car with a big fart.
Laughing
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom77 Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:27 pm

Mcarlo77 wrote:
77mali wrote:F' Winter in general.  

My sentiments exactly!

On a positive note, I was motivated to book my flight to Phoenix in January (wk of Barrett-Jackson).  You AZ guys let me know if there's going to be a local car show we can hang out at!  
There IS a GREAT one at a McDonals just north of Phoenix. Do a search on here on of the guys posted it here. I went last year and will be making a return trip in Feb. too bad I didnt find it when I lived in AZ.
Tom77
Tom77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down