G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who here has fiberglass panels?

3 posters

G3GM :: G3 Tech :: Body

Go down

Who here has fiberglass panels? Empty Who here has fiberglass panels?

Post by Brainstain Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:00 am

I saw a pic of someone with fiberglass fenders and a Guna nose and they were trying to make it work.  I have an idea how I want to do my car but I would like to see what the inside edges of the fender and nose look like.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Who here has fiberglass panels? Empty Re: Who here has fiberglass panels?

Post by dynchel Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:15 am

US body source  has  Everything including complete body's, guna nose's, doors, standard bumpers,  trunk lids, & tilt front ends. They are in Florida.

Last edited by dynchel on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited details)
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:16 pm

That's where I plan on buying from. I was hoping someone had pieces other than a hood so that I could see them. The site says they do not attach like the factory fenders/nose so I wondered how much material was there to maybe attach them discreetly or if I would have to go full race car and use fasteners running through the panel into a nut on the inside and a fabbed mount.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:20 pm

Brainstain wrote:That's where I plan on buying from.  I was hoping someone had pieces other than a hood so that I could see them.  The site says they do not attach like the factory fenders/nose so I wondered how much material was there to maybe attach them discreetly or if I would have to go full race car and use fasteners running through the panel into a nut on the inside and a fabbed mount.
They are too flimzy for your purpose, they would have to be treated like a race car. You can tell them it is forheavy duty racing and they will make it a little thicker for you. They also specify a few certian parts that can be used in a street car. VFN also has a few parts for 73/77 Chevelles. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:55 pm

I plan on it being fully gutted, tubular core support, no inner front fenders, eventually caged. I don't mind going full race car and using some quick release fasteners, I just wanna know that going in before I buy a $700 nose an some $600 fenders.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down