G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is $200.00 a fair price for complete PW and PL with all wiring?

+2
Mcarlo77
driveit
6 posters

Go down

Is $200.00 a fair price for complete PW and PL with all wiring? Empty Is $200.00 a fair price for complete PW and PL with all wiring?

Post by gpoetx Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:55 am

So I just removed the Power windows and power locks from my son's Malibu I am taking apart. Originally I pulled them out of a 75 Regal. Had to repair some of the wires when I installed it but it always worked perfectly. From the switches to the wires to all the pieces I was thinking $200.00. Does that seem fair?
gpoetx
gpoetx
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Is $200.00 a fair price for complete PW and PL with all wiring? Empty Re: Is $200.00 a fair price for complete PW and PL with all wiring?

Post by driveit Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:42 am

A little high for me, but I don't know what they go for. You might check on ebay.

Nice looking car. Got any other pics of it?
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Is $200.00 a fair price for complete PW and PL with all wiring? Empty Re: Is $200.00 a fair price for complete PW and PL with all wiring?

Post by thatfnthing Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:49 am

I got my whole rig from a 77 Cutlass, and for $300.00 I got all the wiring, switches, lock solenoids, window motors, and regulators.

For me it was well worth it at that price, since I had done a lot of legwork trying to find an aftermarket kit for our cars -- there aren't any.  They don't work with curved glass, they can't handle glass that heavy, yada yada yada.

Even if there had been one, the factory G3 stuff fit like a glove with no hassle at all (if you follow the Fisher manual instructions), and that's what you're really selling. But make sure you include the regulators as well, since they are not the same as manual ones.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by driveit Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:23 am

Good to know.  I would like power on mine some time.  They probably make a kit for the g2's.  Wonder if it would fit?  Bet it's high though!
driveit
driveit
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:51 am

driveit wrote:They probably make a kit for the g2's.
Yep.

driveit wrote:Wonder if it would fit?
Nope.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:56 am

FWIW, one company I talked to (Electric Life) were willing to design and build a kit (and even give me the first one for free), but I had to supply a complete set of doors for them to keep.  Wasn't really an option for me, but I was impressed they were willing to tackle it -- they were the only ones interested in making a kit for the G3's.

If anyone has a spare set of doors, maybe you want to get in touch with them.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:10 am

I think you're in the ballpark if you ask $175-$200. But, as stated previously, the regulators need to be part of the package.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by gpoetx Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Its complete so its everything from the regulators, solenoids, all wiring including dash, and all the switches, even the door boots. This car is dead, so everything is being removed. I think $225 is what I'll list it then let someone get it for $200.
gpoetx
gpoetx
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Seems cheap, thats what I paid for my 70-72 PW harness only.

Is $200.00 a fair price for complete PW and PL with all wiring? SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by dragons_lair59 Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:46 am

Guess that is fair for converting over .I'll just have to find a diagram and fix my wiring. Or break down and buy a 200 universal one and rewire the car
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:30 am

I just ran across this, and I thought I'd post it for anyone who might be interested, it looks like someone might finally be making power windows for 73-77 A-bodies:

http://www.dixiemontecarlodepot.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=DB30181%20%20%20NOSWITCH&h=72&d=82

Don't know who makes 'em, as Dixie is just a reseller.  They're kind of pricey at $422.00 for a pair of motors and regulators (everything else is on you, but these are the hard items to find), but if you're unable to find factory stuff to retrofit, these might be your ticket.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down