G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thinking about going in thirds with two other guys for a station like this

+2
corvette_jeff
Hydro King
6 posters

Go down

thinking about going in thirds with two other guys for a station like this Empty thinking about going in thirds with two other guys for a station like this

Post by Limey SE Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:31 pm

this could look like the station here in town and be true full service you think people would actually want this again ?? only difference the garages would be on other side.

thinking about going in thirds with two other guys for a station like this 36215710

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

thinking about going in thirds with two other guys for a station like this Empty Re: thinking about going in thirds with two other guys for a station like this

Post by Hydro King Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:00 am

Yes, people would want it but not pay for it, no matter what. would the gas cost more because of the nostalgia look? I would go there.
Hydro King
Hydro King
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 4

Back to top Go down

thinking about going in thirds with two other guys for a station like this Empty Re: thinking about going in thirds with two other guys for a station like this

Post by Limey SE Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:02 am

maybe a few cents more but they would not have to get out of car at all, and its all full service

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:36 pm

If you do it, just remember there are strict regulations you have to follow. There is not as much profit there as most people think. One more thing, you have to treat it strictly as a business and not something for 3 buddies to do together. There have been many businesses ruined because of a differance of opinion amoung partners. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Tue May 19, 2009 12:30 am

Limey aka Maligoon wrote:this could look like the station here in town and be true full service you think people would actually want this again ??

Some people would, yes. I know I would.... It is like the Route 66 / Lincoln Highway / Route 20 days....

BUT ... sadly, not very profitable Sad.

Anything come of this then, bud?

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"These are some good times, so take a good look around" ... Trace Adkins ... 'You're Gonna Miss This'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue May 19, 2009 12:53 am

the owner and one the partners are hashing details with city to take it over

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by corvette_jeff Tue May 19, 2009 2:58 pm

I wouldnt do it in my car, but i dont like anyone else to mess with my car, i would do it in my parents car though Very Happy
corvette_jeff
corvette_jeff
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Tue May 19, 2009 3:02 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:If you do it, just remember there are strict regulations you have to follow. There is not as much profit there as most people think. One more thing, you have to treat it strictly as a business and not something for 3 buddies to do together. There have been many businesses ruined because of a differance of opinion amoung partners. JB
jb i already decided to back out out of it and let these two guys do the deal i dont wanna lose any one of there friendships over a bad buisness deal but will still manage it for them.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue May 19, 2009 4:49 pm

10-4. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:51 pm

Limey aka Maligoon wrote:the owner and one the partners are hashing details with city to take it over

Ugh ... the city wants to take it over? Sure hope they don't demolish it....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...Chitown #2 = 07/25/09
"No good news in the news this morning" ... Lacy J Dalton ... 'Black Coffee'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:15 am

no cort they hashing deals with city to get it re-opened been shut down for about a year or more now........

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by knightfan26917 Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:25 am

Ohhhh....well, that's cool!

Hope it works out, then. Sure would be sweet, imho, anyway. Smile

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 = Sept 5-16, '09
"Come along and share the good times while we can" ... Lynn Anderson ... 'Rose Garden'
knightfan26917
knightfan26917
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:57 am

Actually have a couple of stations similar to that one here in Ky. (Suburbs of Louisville)They have 2 pumps for self-serve and 2 full service pumps. I knew a guy who used to work at one of them, and he told me that their business gets a little better every year because of the rising numbers of retirees here locally. Our population is aging and the older folks, especially the ladies, seem to really appreciate someone else filling their tank, checking oil etc. Subsequently, they pick up a lot of mechanical maintenence work, (Brakes, shocks etc.) as a result. I think they charge like 1.5 cents a gallon more for the service. More and more younger people come thru there too, cause they seem to think it's faster. He was saying that before he left, they were thinking about making all of the pumps full serve because of the occasional lines, and that they actually were selling less gas from the self serve pumps.
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down