G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

76 Laguna rear seat.

4 posters

Go down

76 Laguna rear seat. Empty 76 Laguna rear seat.

Post by Brainstain Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:10 am

I have a rear seat on eBay and I keep getting offers and I'm not sure of I'm just crazy or if these guys are lowballing me. Factory tan, has been sprayed black. Super nice seat, no rips or tears except a few small places where the floor touched it on the upper part. I have it for $100. Am I way off here or what?

76 Laguna rear seat. 3E4B5B26-321E-48BB-80EB-F76DC36F5915-2192-000002ACD890F4FB

76 Laguna rear seat. 15B534C4-6340-4FCD-B67B-3158C3C8969D-2192-000002ACD5984F2A

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

76 Laguna rear seat. Empty Re: 76 Laguna rear seat.

Post by JB2wheeler Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:58 am

That is one of those items that someone would like to have, but is too expensive to ship, therefore they lowball on the price to compensate. Greyhound would be the best way to ship something like that and hope not to have suitcases stacked on top of it. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:10 am

Think JB is right on the money with the shipping cost being an obstacle.

I know I'm going to hear back on this one, but personally, I'd be a little leery of tan seats having been painted black. Wouldn't know for sure how well the job was done and, for that reason, would assume I'd need to recover them eventually. And, with that in mind, I'd probably just have my existing ones redone. Just hope there's someone out there who is missing the rear seats and needs one bad enough. It's a telling thing, though, that of all the dozens of "A" bodies I see out in the salvage yards, I almost never see where someone has pulled the rear seats out of a car...even if they are in excellent condition.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:35 am

Like Mcarlo77 said, I'd also be cautious about a painted seat. Shipping is also expensive via traditional methods like JB said. The fact that there are still some blemishes is also a point someone will haggle you on. If you have photos of the work progress and can go into detail about which products you used for prep & coating, you may have better luck with the offers. It's not worth it to recover the seats & try & sell them though as the slip covers tend to be expensive and you'll never recoup the cost. The seats are tough to get out of these cars as the bolts on the bottom half are usually rusted on there pretty solid- most guys will cut out the shelf to pull them & worry about the seat belts after.

BTW- from the pics you posted I think they look good.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainstain Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:31 pm

I bought the car that way. EVERYTHING was painted black. He even painted the factory black lower door panels. It was probably nice back in the mid nineties when it was fresh but now all my parts look like crap.

Brainstain
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:20 pm

My '75 Laguna project is the same way. Some hun-yuk painted all the light brown interior plastic pcs black (including the console and sport steering wheel) and they look like s**t!! They're going right in the dumpster (well, maybe not the console). Keep the contact info from those who have made offers and maybe contact them once you let these seats ride on e-Bay for a little while longer. Also, try listing on Craigslist...where you won't have to deal with shipping. By the way, I don't think $100 is a ridiculous asking price...especially, when you think about the hassle of boxing, packing or whatever you have to do to them in order to get them shipped. Then, there's the listing/transaction fees e-Bay and Paypal will charge you. When considering lower offers, you have to ask yourself if it's worth the effort. Just my $.02 worth.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down