G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again...

5 posters

Go down

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... Empty Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again...

Post by chevy76monteman Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:58 pm

So after being out of commission since May 2010, I finally got my Grand Prix running again three weeks ago. I got tired of getting the run around from the shop that has the 305 for it (been there since April 23rd of this year), so I decided to go to Plan B and pull the 350 out of the Monte Carlo and put it in the Grand Prix. I got help from a friend of mine, who went through the engine and cleaned the pistons, lifer valley and valves, put on a new timing set and all new gaskets and seals. I cleaned and painted the engine (GM Blue) and we got it in the car. Fired it with open headers, he fabbed up a new 2.5-inch y-pipe, used one of the Monte's Magnaflow high-flow cats, instead of the stock crap, to connect the headers to the stock single cat-back exhaust (cat-back duals coming with next years tax return). I finally got it tagged and been driving it for almost three weeks and it runs great. The Monte will be placed into storage and will receive an eventual restoration (I'm also thinkin' its big block time).

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... MonteCarlo20125

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... GrandPrix34

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... GrandPrix36

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... GrandPrix40

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... GrandPrix42

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... GrandPrix41

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... GrandPrix43

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... 0930121526

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... GrandPrix46
chevy76monteman
chevy76monteman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... Empty Re: Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again...

Post by dragons_lair59 Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:32 am

looking good
dragons_lair59
dragons_lair59
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again... Empty Re: Finally got my '86 Grand Prix running again...

Post by 77mali Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:48 am

Nice!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:59 am

Thats a sharp car! Good idea on the big block too!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:47 am

Nice!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down