G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pull strap inserts.

2 posters

Go down

Pull strap inserts. Empty Pull strap inserts.

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:51 pm

The part hunt saga continues.

After successfully finding my speaker boxes, I now need an end cap or "insert" for my door pull strap. The silver stick on inlay is torn off half way. I don't need the full cap...just the silver insert that pops off to access the screw. Said part is in my catalog for The Paddock, which is a few years old(might wanna consider a new one). It's listed as the insert ONLY. $1.95. I punched in the part number on the site, and by George, it's different. Now if I want the insert, I must pay $10.95 for 3 other pieces I do not need. (the entire end cap and 2 screws all come in a kit with the insert). Need less to say, I refuse to pay that. So, do any of you know where I could find one? JUST the insert? Thanks for any insight...

Anyone here ever repaired a pull strap? My drivers side one is busted. The original screw hole was stripped(mind you this is all before I acquired the MC) and a new hole was drilled next to it. It looks like crap and is pushed out. I already have a plan to repair it. Just wondering if anyone here has repaired one before, that the holes have been stripped out.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Pull strap inserts. Empty Re: Pull strap inserts.

Post by Limey SE Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:29 pm

kyle let me check to see if the monte door panels i have (white) have this you need i will look tomorrow morning and post a pic here if i have them

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down