G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a pic,Unilite dizzy installed.SBC

3 posters

Go down

Need a pic,Unilite dizzy installed.SBC Empty Need a pic,Unilite dizzy installed.SBC

Post by Sinister Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:38 am

Getting ready to start my motor.
The Vortec has no timing marks and no timing tab.
I'd like to get a basic idea how the unilite should be indexed.
The number 8 wire directly pointing toward the front,or the 1 and 8 staggered at a 45 degree angle.
Any pics appreciated.
Thanks.
Sinister
Sinister
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Need a pic,Unilite dizzy installed.SBC Empty Re: Need a pic,Unilite dizzy installed.SBC

Post by ant7377 Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 pm

It dosent matter where on the cap you put the number 1 plug wire as long as its followed by #8 and so forth. On my Unilite I have it set up like the stock GM location though.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Need a pic,Unilite dizzy installed.SBC Empty Re: Need a pic,Unilite dizzy installed.SBC

Post by Biomedtech Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:26 am

x2, I'm running a vortec too, I just made whatever point the rotor was pointing at after the dizzy dropped all the way in #1. Just so happened that #1 ended at about the 5 o'clock position.
Biomedtech
Biomedtech
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:44 am

Just make sure the #1 cylinder is at coming up to TDC on Compression stroke. Makes it easier to reference. It will need a little advance to start, dont try to start it at 0 advance. It won't . Make SURE you have some break in lube in there or all your work will be for nothing and you will lose the cam.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down