G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wallys 73 Malibu project

+16
alowerlevel
pila
driveit
77mali
dynchel
chevellelaguna
switchbiker
ratnfested
Mcarlo77
thatfnthing
BK-75
73chevy350
Hawk03
ant7377
JB2wheeler
jrb75
20 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project - Page 5 Empty Re: Wallys 73 Malibu project

Post by Wallyuph Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:05 am

marks454ss wrote:Beautiful ride! I used to have a car that had dealer installed mud flaps. Guy used to rag me all the time about " Great car if only you'd get rid of those ugly flaps" Told him for $14,000 I'd gladly remove them. Never heard another word.

I had them on my car in high school and after doing some burn outs makes me remember why I had them. Plus the front tires keep tossing road crap half way up the doors. I had chrome with the black rubber on the bottom.

Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:28 am

I just wanted to add a tip on the low profile pan install. There are two 10MM bolts that are small that run all the way threw the back of the oil pan to the block. When you take off the factory installed pan you have to look close but there is some permatex sealer around those two bolts holes. Make sure you put some on the new pan when you install it. I used a new gasket from GM on the 6.0 truck engine I had in first and did not. It leaked and I thought it was coming form rear main as it dripped and seamed to come from that area. When I took the pan off to install on LS3 set up. I cracked the two long bolts loose and oil ran out. After inspecting it we found it was coming from the two bolts and after the pockets filled up with oil it traveled to the the back of the pan just below the rear main.

Also for my gauge set up the oil sender that came with engine would not work and the sender for the gauge would not fit below intake on back of top block. I used adaptor that bolts up above oil filter and then ran sending unit that came with gauge set.
wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project - Page 5 <a href=wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project - Page 5 Oil_se10" />
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CBM-10820-LS-oil-pan-union-fitting-adapter-LS1-LS2-LS3-LS6-pressure-light-1-8-/221478530825?hash=item3391262f09
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:17 am

Well it wont be long and we will be cruising again. That's the wife at car craft last year.
wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project - Page 5 <a href=wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project - Page 5 Img_3210" />

Hope to get the car out of storage in week or two. The kids bought a house in Hudson WI about 40 min from me so we get to move them in this weekend. Then get car out and wrap up a few thing.
1)Fuel gauge is not working (new tank and sender so hope its a wire thing not float hitting the fuel pump foam bag inside the tank. I thought I had enough clearance when I put it all in.)
2) Install new return line and fuel pressure regulator and in line filter from Areomotive so all is from same manufacture. I'm stalling out a bit just before shift and feels like lack of fuel. Last 6.0 did the same thing so makes me believe its not enough fuel flow. I have  good pressure but not enough flow.
3)WilWoood break upgrade all around with disk going in rear and new master cylinder to go with Hydro boost set up. Fronts set up looking at as I have 15" rims
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitsProdFront.aspx?itemno=140-8582-DR&year=1973&make=Pontiac&model=LeMans&option=Disc+Brake+Spindle
Rear set up
http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitsProdRear.aspx?itemno=140-13511-DR

Anyone ever use any of these break set ups?

I have a 73 Pontiac rear end that why the breaks show Pontiac just FYI
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:07 am

Springs a coming Wally springs a coming Finally this was a COLDAS HECK winter around here
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:33 pm

Limey SE wrote:Springs a coming Wally springs a coming Finally this was a COLDAS HECK winter around here

Just got my heat bill for last month. 320.58 Heat and 253.88 for electric. Ouch

Bye bye winter from me.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:39 pm

we have all electric in our apt Last two months have been over 512 bucks
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by mikidymac Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:29 pm

Hello again Wally.....

So since you are running the exact same setup I am with the LS3 430 and 4L65E connect and Cruise package I was wondering what you suggest for rear gear ratio. My two candidates are 3.42 and 3.73.
I am building this car pro touring style and am going to fit the largest front and rear tire and wheel combo I can without cutting anything. As of now I am looking at either 18" or 20" wheels although the total outer diameter will be about the same.
The only use of this car will be having fun on the street and cruising with the family although it would be able to do track days that is not within my interest.

Thank you for any input.
mikidymac
mikidymac
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:37 pm

I have 373 and mine just grabs at take off no spinning of tires. I Would go with the same or 411. The 373's are good all around gear.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mikidymac Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:59 pm

How is it on the highway with the 3.73?
That is the lowest I would go and was leaning towards the 3.42 but using the online calculators there isn't that much difference.
mikidymac
mikidymac
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:15 pm

Hwy is really good. I got 25MPH going to Il in Oct at 70-75 MPH. Very responsive on hwy. It will do a doughnut on asphalt you just need to get the rear spinning first. you can power break it to get the going. Its probably a good thing for me its not a tire shredder as I'm know for burning them off.  

I have a line block to the rears not a line Lock so it allows me to still have all of front brakes so you can slow it down or let it go.

Shutoff Valve Description

Brake Shutoff Valve & Solenoid, Electric.

This valve can be used as a brake shut-off. When energized, the valve will block pressure from reaching downstream. The valve does not prevent fluid from returning to the master cylinder. This eliminates the possibility of trapping pressure when activating the valve. Requires a 12 Volt, 5 amp (recommended) fused power source through a toggle switch. Warning: Not a line lock assembly. Not for street use. Please read instruction sheet available at http://www.wilwood.com/pdf/ds572.pdf before attempting installation

Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5