G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wallys 73 Malibu project

+16
alowerlevel
pila
driveit
77mali
dynchel
chevellelaguna
switchbiker
ratnfested
Mcarlo77
thatfnthing
BK-75
73chevy350
Hawk03
ant7377
JB2wheeler
jrb75
20 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project Empty Wallys 73 Malibu project

Post by Wallyuph Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:09 pm

It's been 7 days so should be able to host a photo or link now. Bear with me as I'm going to try and post a photo for the first time here.
Hope photo showed up Here is a photo bucket link to my build so far. Hope you all like it.

Wally

http://photobucket.com/wallys73

[img]wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project Img_0910[/img][img]wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project Img_5514[/img]

Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project Empty Re: Wallys 73 Malibu project

Post by 77mali Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 pm

Sweeeeeet
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:10 pm

Very Very Nice cool color and now I see why your interior looks as good as it does LOL Lucky you !!

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed May 23, 2012 7:35 am

Hey Wally- I saw some rims like yours on a nice 74 that's on ebay...what are they from or are they custom? Thanks.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed May 23, 2012 8:39 am

They are old school keystone classic's. Here is a link to Summit racing they cary them along with the spec/sizes.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/Brand/Cragar/Product-Line/Cragar-Chrome-Keystone-Klassic-Wheels/?autoview=SKU

The spinner center caps are hard to find there is a guy on ebay that sells them every now and then.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-SPINNERS-KEYSTONE-KLASSIC-RAIDER-SNOWFLAKE-WHEELS-CHROME-FLANGE-CLASSIC-ST-/200748498744?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2ebd8aff38

Some people like them and some don't. For me they bring back my youth as I'm not getting and younger.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed May 23, 2012 8:52 am

I hear you on the age thing, lol. I think they look great on your car. Thanks for the info!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed May 23, 2012 8:59 am

Its funny my local Tire shop guy that was mounting and installing the wheels said to me he did not like the spiners. I said "good because it's not your car it mine and those make it mine". Don't think he was exspecting that answer from me.

What ever happend to the saying if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all. To me any car that any one is working on or having fun with and not being sent to crusher is awesome to me.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jrb75 Wed May 23, 2012 10:39 am

Wallyuph wrote:Its funny my local Tire shop guy that was mounting and installing the wheels said to me he did not like the spiners. I said "good because it's not your car it mine and those make it mine". Don't think he was exspecting that answer from me.

What ever happend to the saying if you don't have something nice to say don't say it at all. To me any car that any one is working on or having fun with and not being sent to crusher is awesome to me.

Agreed, I've learned to not give my opinion if not asked. I find a way to compliment the work even I don't like the ride. We brought our car home cause we wanted it, we built it our own way cause we wanted it that way...Character
jrb75
jrb75
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Wed May 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Everybody hates my wheels, except me. I was going to order another pair only wider and the price has DOUBLED since I bought mine. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed May 23, 2012 2:33 pm

jrb75 wrote:
Wallyuph wrote:Its funny my local Tire shop guy that was mounting and installing the wheels said to me he did not like the spiners. I said "good because it's not your car it mine and those make it mine". Don't think he was exspecting that answer from me.

Agreed, I've learned to not give my opinion if not asked. I find a way to compliment the work even I don't like the ride. We brought our car home cause we wanted it, we built it our own way cause we wanted it that way...Character

I agree (look at my car-LOL)...that's why I hang here. The vast majority of members on this site have something positive to say and I think that since we're all pretty "hands on", folks can appreciate what it takes to have a vision for how you want your car to be and see it through. That's also why I'm not on facebook and the Youtube account is set so that no one can leave a reply. I look at the messages that people leave on those two sites and I want to PUKE!
Barf
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed May 23, 2012 6:30 pm

I like the spinners ! I like the whole car ! Thats a great color.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed May 23, 2012 8:40 pm

Thank you very much. If I could just get my own seats done I would be a happy camper. I have one seat in the car from a junk yard just to move it around. I still drive it any where that way so right now its a one seater. I will have it done for our group meet at Race track in oct.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:17 pm

Photo updates of interior I finally got done before we headed out to the cordova race track that was a bust.I will still redo a few things but its done for now. Seats have seat heaters, Air lumbar and side lumbar. Got new booster, master,Pop Valve and line lock installed also. I have a hard time posting photos on site so here is a link to photo bucket.

wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project Seats_13

https://s1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg626/Wallyuph/
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:03 pm

Very nicely done! I would love to have some door panels like that.
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 pm

:<P

Wicked nice job...too bad U R so far from me Crying or Very sad

Nice to see custom work that looks so good and isn't "gaudy".
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:02 pm

The interior of Wally's car is a work of art; especially the dash! Being the conscientious craftsman that he is, he pointed out a couple things on the interior work he wasn't particularly thrilled with and I looked at him and said "Really?...looks pretty freakin' good to me"!! Glad something good came out of that bust of a weekend trip to Cordova as you were motivated to get some things done in preparation for it. Well done, Wally!
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Funny how that can light a fire under us some times to get things done.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:43 pm

wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project Img_5510
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:43 pm

Here is the dash MCarlo77 was talking about. Belive me that was a lot of work.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 73chevy350 Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:41 pm

:<P
Great looking car!
73chevy350
73chevy350
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Got to love it when you have great neighbors like this. The neighbor boy charlie (he's 7 years old) came over with his dad to see what I was working on today. I told him my 74 project as I'm working on wiring up the lights so I can take it to the streets. He asked if he could get a ride and I said how about a ride in the 73 seeing as we don't have lights hooked up yet? He said can we do a burn out and I said sure. His dad filmed it for him.

Here it is.

Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Looks like a "Car guy" in the making. Nice job passing the torch there!
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:30 pm

Very Cool to have Neighbors like this and this will be with this Little guy For a lifetime !!  I know my first ride in my Uncles Malibu got me hooked into these cars for Life !
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by BK-75 Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:06 am

Looks and sounds real good Very Happy, those memories last a lifetime. The kid might be a future G3' er now!
BK-75
BK-75
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:07 am

Well as some of you know I'm thinning the herd from 3 cars down to one. I sold the 56 Chevy belair 3 weeks ago. It had been in our family since 1998. I'm sure I'll miss it down the line but its time to let someone else have some fun with it now. wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project <a href=wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project Wow_2010" />

I plan to sell the 74 Laguna I've been working on some time soon and going to down to one car the 73 Malibu.

I plan to do some upgrades to the Malibu. I have a 6.0 LQ4 and 4L60E trany set up coming soon.
wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project <a href=wallys - Wallys 73 Malibu project 6_0_en11" /> This will require some other updates like the new fuel tank with  Aeromotive Phantom 340 Stealth Fuel pump going in new tank. A few other mods also. Taking out stock A/C system and putting in a vintage Air set up. Been ordering up parts now and find all the bad weather is holding a lot of things up. Car is still in storage and may be end of April  by the time the snow melts to get at it.
Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next