G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP

+5
pila
Mcarlo77
ant7377
Tom77
1973 454 MONTE
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP  - Page 2 Empty Re: BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP

Post by laguna55 Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:59 pm

BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP  - Page 2 Imag0113
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP  - Page 2 Empty Re: BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP

Post by 77mali Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:46 pm

I believe the "Red" starts at the fuse box (engine bay side-top left). Follow it in the harness, maybe there's a break in the line somewhere, so it won't recharge? That "hot line" goes from the 1st "T" to the next and then branches off into a bunch of systems as I mentioned. You might want to unscrew the harness connections to the fire wall to chase it BUT 1st, there is a fusible link that connects in the back of the engine from the 2nd "T". There is a fuse in there that you may want to check to see if it's good. You can see it in this pic just above the dist to the left, the red wire is touching the spark plug wire. Wish I had more pics that show the harness better. There are connections on mine that are wedged @ the bell-housing so it's tough to get good photo's w/ the engine in the way.
BOTH TAIL LIGHTS FLASH WHEN LEFT SIGNAL IS ON NEED HELP  - Page 2 Dsc01524
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:41 pm

that helps i will work on it tomorrow
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:00 pm

laguna55 wrote:
77mali wrote:LOL...

Sorry, thought the pic would be self explanatory but yes it is to the nut right next to it in the pic. (Thanks thatfnthing) Was over-thinking the question Embarassed

no you were right i need to know where it gos to the fire wall thats my prob.

Which is how I thought I read the question, but I probably could have been clearer. :-) The red one will go back to the bulkhead connector beneath the brake booster. Inside the cabin, it will go directly to the ignition switch, not the fuse box -- this is not a fused circuit. The fuse box simply mounts on top of the bulkhead connector, so it just looks that way.

Mark
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:51 pm

i would like to see some pics of your car ,, looks like your working on it
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by laguna55 Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:45 pm

got the alt fixed thanks for the help ..
laguna55
laguna55
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:51 am

Beer
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2