G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member from S Florida

+3
Lovett
Mcarlo77
1973 454 MONTE
7 posters

Go down

New member from S Florida Empty New member from S Florida

Post by Lovett Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:14 am

Hi everyone,
I've been a member for a while but this is my first post. I have learned a lot here and am glad there's a place to discuss the 73-77 GM A bodies. I started collecting 73 Chevelles a couple of years ago, and now have 6. First one I bought on e-bay in upstate NY an original SS 454, 4 speed, AC, vinyl top, swivel seats, originally medium blue with black interior. Haven't found any build sheet yet but VIN is on the engine block, other than headers, valve covers, and HEI dist it appears original with NJ title. Second car completely original down to the smog pump, and is almost identical except auto and blue interior, bought in GA with a notarized bill of sale, luckily VIN came back clean so FL will give it a title. Both cars are very restorable and I've managed to collect lots of NOS and original used parts. I also have a small block SS, a real nice 62K old man's Malibu, and 2 parts cars. I may have gone a little overboard, but as many of you know many of the parts are 73 only and finding that front grill or interior piece isn't always easy. I'll be starting a complete frame off on the BB 4 speed car in Jan 2012 and hope to finish on the car's 40th anniversary. Hopefully can post some pictures along the way.

Lovett
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

New member from S Florida Empty Re: New member from S Florida

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:38 am

welcome aboard
and WE like pics....
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:34 am

Welcome to the fun. Good luck w/ the Resto.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Could only wish I had room for 6 collector cars! Always nice to have an all-original car as a reference when doing a complete restoration on another. A person tends to forget where or how certain things go back together. Glad you joined us here and look forward to hearing about your progress this upcoming year.

Oh...and as for that Build Sheet, you just might find it on top of the gas tank (or, at least what's left of it if it's up there).
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by Lovett Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:17 am

I checked all the seats, inner front fenders, and dropped the gas tank. I've heard of people finding one in the headliner so I'll know once the disassembly begins. One question, anyone know how many 454 4 speeds are still around?
I only know of 3 all on the east coast.

Lovett
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna 74 Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:54 am

Welcome aboard Lovett, be sure to get some pics when you have a chance.
Laguna 74
Laguna 74
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Leike Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Welcome Lovett Thumbs up
Leike
Leike
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 77mali Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:52 pm

Lovett wrote:I checked all the seats, inner front fenders, and dropped the gas tank. I've heard of people finding one in the headliner so I'll know once the disassembly begins. One question, anyone know how many 454 4 speeds are still around?
I only know of 3 all on the east coast.

Door panels, found remnant in my pass side door. Could be anywhere though, I've heard peeps finding under carpet too.
77mali
77mali
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by Graham Perkins Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Welcome,

Even though you have been here for a while. Your 73 454 car sounds like a great car to redo. When you have a chance be shure to post pictures of the resto as you go along.

Thanks Graham
Graham Perkins
Graham Perkins
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: