G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An ungrateful generation?? Or is my son just an ungrateful child?

+6
IndyG3
BlackChevelleSS
JB2wheeler
Limey SE
yogreasygramma
JasonZ
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An ungrateful generation?? Or is my son just an ungrateful child? Empty An ungrateful generation?? Or is my son just an ungrateful child?

Post by Blonde Angel Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:31 pm

It has come to my attention that todays generation of children are spoiled and ungrateful. They have no respect for their elders, parents, or teachers. It frusterates me seeming as how when i grew up, there was no tolerance whatsoever of dissrespect in the household towards your parents or any other adult in the home. You either obeyed and listened, or you got an A$$ wooping and sent to bed without supper. But todays kids are aweful!!! At least I see it with my son. He is turning 11 in June and starts Middle school this year. His father and I have tried just about everything, from a reward system, to negotiations. We had tried to give him warnings and the benefit of the doubt. However none of these parenting strategies seem to have an affect in his actions and behavior.

So, do any of you parents out there have any ideas on how to get the light bulb in his head to go on???? Any advice would be much appreciated Very Happy
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

An ungrateful generation?? Or is my son just an ungrateful child? Empty Re: An ungrateful generation?? Or is my son just an ungrateful child?

Post by 74MonteCarlo Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:05 pm

An ungrateful generation?? Or is my son just an ungrateful child? Supernanny

Good luck.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

An ungrateful generation?? Or is my son just an ungrateful child? Empty Re: An ungrateful generation?? Or is my son just an ungrateful child?

Post by JB2wheeler Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:32 pm

You can blame TV and the movies and college professors from the 1960s for your problem. Because they banned politics and religion on the forum, I can not say anything else and I dont mean politics. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:36 pm

JB you thinking of the wrong SQAUK forum bro speak your mind as it is, like it it is

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:44 pm

Time for a beating!!!

An ungrateful generation?? Or is my son just an ungrateful child? SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:56 pm

Yeah and toss the friggin TV out the window. Friggin MTV and even that Disney channell.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:04 pm

We took away his video games last summer, for stealing and lying. He never earned them back after last august. We took his t.v. privaledges away over 2 months ago for talking back to his teacher, not turning in his homework, lying to us and running off campus. We just recently took all his toys out of his room because he got a project from school in the beginning of January and never said or did anything, and when we tried helping him he would just go back in his room and sleep or draw comics.

We have played the nazi way and the pleasentville nice way, and he just keeps on going!!!!!

He is like his own breed of kid!!!! And don't get me wrong, he has a good heart, and I love him very much. But he just doesn't know when to stop and just go with the flow!!!
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:14 pm

give me and my cousin about five min with him

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:29 pm

Blonde Angel you are now your parents,for that is the same thing MY parents were saying when i was that age, my only advice is just try to sit down one on one more often, bring a game to the table and make him play the first few times after that HE WILL be asking YOU GUYS to play the game instead...only advice i have hope it helps Anthony

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JasonZ Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:00 am

There is that Little Marine program they have.
JasonZ
JasonZ
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:04 am

Well I am not sure what Maligoon was saying. Should i bring out an actual board game??I personally find myself in favor with jason's idea... That boot camp will show him a thing or two!!!!! lol
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:07 am

BlackChevelleSS wrote:give me and my cousin about five min with him

LMAO!!! I don't think our boy could handle both of you! He screams mercy with his dad, and he acts as if you are beating him with a sword when all you are doing is spanking his butt!! But good luck! Rolling Eyes
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:23 am

Mhm. If he's going to be 11....and you yourself are only 21....

Shocked

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by yogreasygramma Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 pm

I agree with JB and Anthony. Lack of religion, respect, etc. TV is a horrible influence too. From what I understand, schools also are teaching kids to be misbehaved, and tell on their parents, etc. I'd even go to say that our country is going downhill fast, with a breakup of the family and family values. I could go on and on.....

As for suggestions, it's always easier to be an armchair quarterback, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. But I'd have to emphasize being very strict (not hateful, just firm) about what's going to be tolerated in the house and out. I think as a parent you have the responsibility to provide food and clothing and a place to live, but with that comes rules that the receiving party must also observe. Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers.
yogreasygramma
yogreasygramma
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:18 pm

Blonde Angel wrote:Well I am not sure what Maligoon was saying. Should i bring out an actual board game??I personally find myself in favor with jason's idea... That boot camp will show him a thing or two!!!!! lol
yes that is what i am saying it worked with me (may or may not work for you) kept me occupied for hours and actually made me feel like my parents wanted me around with them and some other adults.

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:45 pm

THE MALIGOON wrote:JB you thinking of the wrong SQAUK forum bro speak your mind as it is, like it it is
Yeah, you are right. I was tired and thought of something that gets me worked up. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:00 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:Mhm. If he's going to be 11....and you yourself are only 21....

Shocked

LOL!!! He is my husbands, not mine. But I have been around for almost 3 years, so I am close to him. His biological mom isn't around, and he attached himself to me like a son to his mom. He calls me mom, and our relationship is of that of a mother and son. So I call him my son Very Happy
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:19 pm

yogreasygramma wrote:I agree with JB and Anthony. Lack of religion, respect, etc. TV is a horrible influence too. From what I understand, schools also are teaching kids to be misbehaved, and tell on their parents, etc. I'd even go to say that our country is going downhill fast, with a breakup of the family and family values. I could go on and on.....

As for suggestions, it's always easier to be an armchair quarterback, and an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. But I'd have to emphasize being very strict (not hateful, just firm) about what's going to be tolerated in the house and out. I think as a parent you have the responsibility to provide food and clothing and a place to live, but with that comes rules that the receiving party must also observe. Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers.

I agree with you on the part about the schools teaching kids to be misbehaved. I also agree with the t.v. influence. I see it with him a lot. At school, they teach your kids to tattle on you. And sadly our son doesn't know what "hush" means about spilling the family business to everyone. When I was growing up, i was taught to have animinity and not blab what goes on behind doors. But our son, as well as many more i am sure, just don't know when to keep quiet.

So we just keep on telling him and reminding him and working with him. And I truly believe that whatever we do to help him, he will do what he wants. He is going into puberty in a few years, and Junior High is not easy. So he will either sink or swim. I hope for his sake he gets with the times and realizes that all he is doing is missing out on a lot of good things. But that is another problem all together. It is never his fault, he doesn't take responsibilty for his own actions. Whenever crap comes falling down on him, he blams anyone and anything he possibly can to not have to man up and admit he was wrong. I have not once heard him admit he was wrong!

And that gets on my nerves!!! Evil or Very Mad
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Blonde Angel wrote:
74MonteCarlo wrote:Mhm. If he's going to be 11....and you yourself are only 21....

Shocked

LOL!!! He is my husbands, not mine. But I have been around for almost 3 years, so I am close to him. His biological mom isn't around, and he attached himself to me like a son to his mom. He calls me mom, and our relationship is of that of a mother and son. So I call him my son Very Happy

Ahh, okay. Gotcha. I was sitting here thinking "Wait? That's not even biologically possible!"

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Do you remember when Hitler and other would be dictators had people's kids telling every thing about them? There were a lot of good people killed because of it. That is exactly what our schools are doing to "our" kids. My daughter is a school teacher and I am a retired employee of the school system. When I was employed things were not near as bad as they are now, it gets worse every day. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Blonde Angel Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 pm

JB2wheeler wrote:Do you remember when Hitler and other would be dictators had people's kids telling every thing about them? There were a lot of good people killed because of it. That is exactly what our schools are doing to "our" kids. My daughter is a school teacher and I am a retired employee of the school system. When I was employed things were not near as bad as they are now, it gets worse every day. JB

I agree with you!! His father and I tell him that what goes on in our home stays in our home, but he doesn't listen. And it seems the more angry we get, the more rebellious he becomes. So at the end of the day, we deal with his behavior, not telling the truth, blabbing the family business to the rest of the world, never admitting when he is wrong, and the newest one we just found out,listening in on our conversations!!!!! When the hell did this happen?!?!?
And how are we suppose to stop that???? confused
Blonde Angel
Blonde Angel
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:04 pm

Usually at this point someone will tell you to take the child into someone for counseling, but the trouble is most of the "counselers' are a product of those colleges that had gangs of vandals like at Kent State back in the day. Well, if you can find a good one then go, but check 'em out first. Most of them lean so far to the left that they need a cane to keep from falling down. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:45 pm

sorry to be joking on such a serious topic but watch this clip

ADHD CURE

I love South Park!

BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by IndyG3 Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:17 am

Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing cheers
IndyG3
IndyG3
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:20 am

If you can afford it send him to private school.I saw my youngest brother do much better than my middle brother and I and he went to private school. The classes are smaller and the teachers seem to know the kids better and they dont put up with any crap either. I think that the public schools should give the parents the choice of whether they want their kids whacked .I bet alot would allow it. Dont give up on him because later in life its going to come back and bite him in the butt.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next