G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you wife do this??????? Mine did!!!!!!

+15
dynchel
HDHugger
1973chevelle
Tom77
Oidar
Biomedtech
Famstyle
77mali
pila
McCauley5983
dragons_lair59
prostreet75
Limey SE
ant7377
dcastine
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would you wife do this??????? Mine did!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you wife do this??????? Mine did!!!!!!

Post by HDHugger Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeah, my neighbor is drunk every night. It's so irritating, someone that doesn't make any sense and won't go away.

HDHugger
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Would you wife do this??????? Mine did!!!!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Would you wife do this??????? Mine did!!!!!!

Post by dynchel Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:36 am

My wife works for Lincoln electric building welders so she is very good at working with her hands. A few years ago I was struggling to fish a battery cable through my frame. I had just relocated the battery to the trunk and was trying to run the cable with the fuel lines under the car. I must have spent a hour trying to get the cable through the hole in the frame (where the fuel lines come through). I was already in a really pissed off mood, and had some open cuts from the attempt. She came out and asked if she could help, I kind of blew her off, but she insisted. About 2 minutes later the cable was through Head Bang , and I felt stupid. Her response was I do that kind of stuff all day only working in smaller space. Blow Up
dynchel
dynchel
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 40

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruisr Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:12 pm

I know about the nosey or annoying neighbor, lucky for me my nearest neighbor is about an acre away. I don't get alot of help from anyone when I work on cars, my wife will help if I ask her, but doesn't volunteer. If I need any real help I'll call on my father, but if I do, I usually have to take the item I need help with to his house. I come to this site for most of my help, asking for advice, You All, have been a great help, just wish I could get some of those hands once in a awhile.
Bruisr
Bruisr
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:51 pm

My wife helped me put in the transmission and helped with the A/C install. She's helping me with the suspension, though mostly 'cuz she wants to cut the old coil springs and use them for feet on our backyard wood holder.

She's even willing to go to the boneyard with me, as long as we swing by Starbucks first. One guy there even said, 'Wow, I wish my missus would go to the junkyard with me." (Though she much prefers the salvage yard, where she finds objet d'art for the yard and new projects for me.)

Seems to have started some kind of trend -- the next time I went back there had to be a half-dozen wives there.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by carcass Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:16 pm

My girlfriend wants to help on car projects, but actually getting her hands dirty or turning a wrench is a huge hurdle. But we have learned to weld together with the stick welder i bought, we got her a nice pair of gloves and she wears the Miller auto hood and gets right in there, just practice on scrap steel so far but I think its awesome that she's into it!!!

As far as drunken neighbors go, I've got one two houses up and he has "parties" on weekend days which are just a couple people standing around the fire pit he put in the front yard getting drunk. I quit drinking a alltogether a long time ago and now can't stand to be around people with even two drinks in them, the annoying change happens in people right away.

As far as help goes my three motorhead buddies want help and or use my tools and driveway to work on their stuff and rides to and from vehicles but getting any help in return remains to be seen. It's like they want help immediately on their schedule but if I ask, its like "Well, I'm busy today and tommorrow, but between the hours of such and such in a couple days I could help you" and then one will show up in clean street clothes and basically complain about the way I'm doing a project and act like putting their hands to work is like touching doo doo. All being real carefull not to get dirty or get their clothes on stuff.
carcass
carcass
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Wallyuph Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:35 pm

My wife will help with most stuff. She has been great at helping lift bench seats out of cars. When you own a upholstery shop it just come with the territory. She does not like to lift that well but my daughter and only child is strong she will lift a sofa up and walk right out of the house with me. She has been since she was 14 now 21 years old. My wife is good at bleeding breaks and just about any thing else. She will not go to scrap yard but will run for any thing else at a parts store.

As for neighbors I'm very blessed they don't care if I do burns outs in front of my house I'm careful not to leave marks in front of any ones else' places. Even there kids yell "light-up Wally" when they here me start up to go some where. Gave them rides a few times and did a burn out that filled the car with smoke looked like a cheach and chong movie. The kids said my car smells Ha. They will also help me when ever I need help but not hang out they just show up help and leave. I also do the same with them. We do get together some times and just hang out but its planed out as a event kind of. One of them is helping me install cabinets in my kitchen tonight as he does it for a living. I blow all there driveways all winter and they help me its a win win for all of us. The kids in the neighbor hood stop in for air in the tires but don't hang around. Some kids will stop in and say just wanted to say hi Wally see what I'm working on then leave. I want to be a good neighbor so will help them out seeing as I work from my home.

I'm truly a blessed person for having nice neighbors.

Wallyuph
Wallyuph
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum