G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junk yard trip

+2
1973 454 MONTE
ant7377
6 posters

Go down

Junk yard trip Empty Junk yard trip

Post by 1973 Buick Century Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:25 pm

As some of you guys know, I also have another wagon. A 1978 LTD Country Squire. Just like the '73 Buick, I am ALWAYS on the look out for parts and parts cars. Here in northern IL, it is rare to find anything decent any more since both these model cars (as we all know) were bought up by demo derby guys.

On a whim, I went with my buddy to drop off some scrap metal and we took a look at the yard next door. This place is, well, how can I put this......they seem to think they have gold and they do NOT deal with you on pricing. And finding anything past about 1985 there, almost never exists. But there was a few. First a '77 LTD with 67K original miles, a '77 Cadillac Fleetwood with 70k original miles, '77 Monte Carlo shell, '73 Pontiac full size, and a '77 Pontiac Gran Prix. The LTD, Fleetwood, and the '73 Pontiac looked like they had been "grandpas" car, then they died, someone not knowing about cars in general took a hold of it. Then went "its too big" or "its too old", or even worse it would not start from something like the ignition module (LTD had the original one from '77) and just simply gave up on it. The interiors were pretty clean and the LTD EVERYTHING was covered in that plastic people seemed to go nuts over in the '50s, '60s, and '70s. I would have liked any of them, would have made great cruisers.

The Cadillac was gone when I got back and the Monte Carlo was just a shell. I took what was left, the two wheel covers.

Junk yard trip Photo0085

Junk yard trip Photo0086

Junk yard trip Photo0087

1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Junk yard trip Empty Re: Junk yard trip

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:55 pm

OH OH OH!!! Lemme at that red '95-'99 Monte Carlo in the last pic!!!!!! From the trim, looks like a Z34.

I'm always on the hunt for parts for my '98 Monte Carlo. Smile

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 Buick Century Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:08 pm

There were a few there. Whatcha looking for? If I go back sometime, I will keep what ever you need in mind.
1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:00 am

I have a TON around here that I pick of what I need.

Thanks though Smile

Actually, if you think of it, see if any have an UN BROKEN center console lid. They had a BAD design of a weak, plastic hinge that they all broke.

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:12 am

That black Pontiac probably was pretty nice not to long ago.
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:32 pm

[quote="1973 Buick Century"][color=darkred][b]As some of you guys know, I also have another wagon. A 1978 LTD Country Squire. Just like the '73 Buick, I am ALWAYS on the look out for parts and parts cars. Here in northern IL, it is rare to find anything decent any more since both these model cars (as we all know) were bought up by demo derby guys.

Found this '77 LTD Country Squire today. Not sure if it's the same as your '78. Anyway, though you'd like to see it. It still has the factory AM/FM/8-track, too!

Junk yard trip 77ltdw10
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:08 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:OH OH OH!!! Lemme at that red '95-'99 Monte Carlo in the last pic!!!!!! From the trim, looks like a Z34.

I'm always on the hunt for parts for my '98 Monte Carlo. Smile

ooooooh come on,thats a lumina happy bowtie Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:15 pm

SLIM chance it could be a Lumina LTZ. Wink

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:29 pm

I'd like to have that engine in that wagon to sit in my garage until I found something to put it in. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 Buick Century Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:48 am

[quote="Mcarlo77"]
1973 Buick Century wrote:[color=darkred]As some of you guys know, I also have another wagon. A 1978 LTD Country Squire. Just like the '73 Buick, I am ALWAYS on the look out for parts and parts cars. Here in northern IL, it is rare to find anything decent any more since both these model cars (as we all know) were bought up by demo derby guys.

Found this '77 LTD Country Squire today. Not sure if it's the same as your '78. Anyway, though you'd like to see it. It still has the factory AM/FM/8-track, too!

Junk yard trip 77ltdw10[b]

WOW! Seems pretty together. Yep, its the same as my '78. Same body style from 1975 to 1978. Have any pics of the tape deck? RCA had ones that looked exactly like the Philco AM/FM 8 track decks..........I have two FoMoCo players as parts suppliers.
1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcarlo77 Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:22 am

I didn't take a picture of that tape player...although, it's the same as this one I recently removed from a '77 T-bird. Has Furd's Aeronutronics brand name on the face and the mtg plate is a little different than the T-bird's.

Junk yard trip Fordae10
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 Buick Century Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:27 pm

The mounting bracket can be changed over. No matter if you have a Maverick, Lincoln, LTD, or F-250, they would use the same tape deck.

I have a quad FoMoCo tape deck in my '78. I have another one but its so so.

Junk yard trip S5000054-1
1973 Buick Century
1973 Buick Century
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down