G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going back to Old School style NYC area

+4
Roadcaptain S3
Laguna Budman
ant7377
74MonteCarlo
8 posters

Go down

Going back to Old School style  NYC area Empty Going back to Old School style NYC area

Post by OLD NO.7 Avalanche Thu May 13, 2010 7:54 am

Hello Members.
My names Frankie. I am the co-founder of Northeast Avalanches and after getting married and well,Life happens... I have decided to pick up a vehicle that has been sitting in my Mothers garage.(I had picked this up around 12 years ago).It is my 1974 Laguna S-3
350c.i.d. 350Turbo trans 3:73gears.I had become bored with supercharging full size trucks. so I decided to go back to old school building.I have to admit,when I was younger,I wouldn't think twice to rip out the entire A/C system to make the engine bay look cleaner Head Bang .Now I want the the nice cool ride along to dependability,so it's gonna take time but I figure with this site and knowing what I know now.I think she's gonna turn out nice. GoFast .To all the Mods on this site,Keep up the great work and for anyone needing advice on Avalanches/Silverados/Tahoes etc.I'll be more than happy to help. Thumbs up . Take care folks.
Frankie #7
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 1

Back to top Go down

Going back to Old School style  NYC area Empty Re: Going back to Old School style NYC area

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Thu May 13, 2010 8:27 am

Welcome No.7, I think it's great to see a guy reviving another Laguna, let us know if we can help.

PS-MANY picture hounds around here-HINT HINT
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Going back to Old School style  NYC area Empty Re: Going back to Old School style NYC area

Post by The Dude Thu May 13, 2010 10:57 am

Ayyy Welcome to da site Frankie!

Yes we are picture hounds around here. So what are your plans for the car?
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Street Cred : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Thu May 13, 2010 11:00 am

Welcome!

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Thu May 13, 2010 12:04 pm

welcome
would love to see some pictures when you can
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Thu May 13, 2010 12:23 pm

welcome aboard.

BTW--hope to see some pics soon. Very Happy
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Thu May 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Hey! Another guy from NY. Welcome !!
I am upstate in Brewster.

I see you are into Chevy trucks,here a pic of my friends 93 Crew cab its just about done the bed will be on soon.
Going back to Old School style  NYC area DSCF2758
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laguna Budman Thu May 13, 2010 11:51 pm

Welcome aboard. My daughter and I are restoring a 1974 Laguna also.
Laguna Budman
Laguna Budman
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by OLD NO.7 Avalanche Sat May 15, 2010 8:31 am

Going back to Old School style  NYC area Random14
Thanks all for the warm welcome. These are just pics as I got her when I pulled her from my Mothers house (she's been sitting for bout' a decade).Plans are modernizing it (update interior) but keeping outside retro. also Sidepipes are going on as a "Baldwin" tribute. I will keep everyone updated, as I go. #7
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OLD NO.7 Avalanche Sat May 15, 2010 8:33 am

Going back to Old School style  NYC area Random15 here's another.#7
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Roadcaptain S3 Sat May 15, 2010 10:31 am

me likey,

What ya got planned for it?
Roadcaptain S3
Roadcaptain S3
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Sat May 15, 2010 11:13 am

Well if you plan to go retro, Keystones would probably be the way to go so that basis is covered. I didn't even know they came in B&L sizes! Looks like you got a fun project ahead of you. Thumbs up
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by 77malibu77 Sat May 15, 2010 11:48 am

yeah looks very nice!
77malibu77
77malibu77
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by OLD NO.7 Avalanche Mon May 17, 2010 7:47 pm

A couple of days in and I'm already ripping the engine outta it. Razz #7
Going back to Old School style  NYC area Getatt10
Going back to Old School style  NYC area Getatt11
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon May 17, 2010 8:02 pm

holy snikies.

looks like you have way to much time on your hands. Thumbs up
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Back to top Go down

Post by OLD NO.7 Avalanche Mon May 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Rago wrote:Well if you plan to go retro, Keystones would probably be the way to go so that basis is covered. I didn't even know they came in B&L sizes! Looks like you got a fun project ahead of you. Thumbs up

I've actually always had Keystones on all my older vehicles. I decided to go with the "Baldwin" slotted rims.I'm also toying with the Idea of removing the rear quarter marker lights and instead incorporating 1970-71 Chevelle lights with the covers. they came with the factory "slatted"covers and I think it would compliment the opera window slatted covers.I'm also shaving the rear bumper clean as well as cutting a half inch outta the bumper to tuck her in and give it a "foose"look. as well as trying to L.E.D the rear light set up under the stock trim. Twisted Evil .It's getting there.#7
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dude Tue May 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Make sure to do a write up on that stuff. Sounds interesting!

Just in case you need some pics for ideas on the bumper tuck, read this thread:

https://www.g3gm.com/body-f6/sucking-in-the-bumpers-76-bu-t155.htm
The Dude
The Dude
Management
Management

Back to top Go down

Post by OLD NO.7 Avalanche Tue May 18, 2010 1:51 pm

Rago wrote:Make sure to do a write up on that stuff. Sounds interesting!

Just in case you need some pics for ideas on the bumper tuck, read this thread:

https://www.g3gm.com/body-f6/sucking-in-the-bumpers-76-bu-t155.htm
Definetly will, a couple of things came up so I'm going to slow it down for a bit.But I will take some more pic's.#7
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
OLD NO.7 Avalanche
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum