G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The meening of G3

+4
Terminator
BlackChevelleSS
Limey SE
1973 454 MONTE
8 posters

Go down

The meening of G3 Empty The meening of G3

Post by 1973 454 MONTE Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:52 pm

A 73-77 MONTE IS A 2ND GENERATION. So how can a 73-77 monte be a pic of the week if its not a G3 but a G2 just like the 70 chevelle.Or even a 73-77 GTO is not a G3 but a G5 if you went by different body types.
Just trying to see where the site is going with this.Please dont take it the wrong way.

Chris
1973 454 MONTE
1973 454 MONTE
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

The meening of G3 Empty Re: The meening of G3

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:34 pm

My 74 Elky is a G4, but I hang with the G3 Chevelles because they are the same basic vehicle, give or take a sheet metal box stuck on the back. The 73-77 Monte is the same vehicle just as my 74 Elky is, with just a few minor differances whereas the 3rd gen Monte is as alike the G3 Chevelle as chocolate ice cream is to vanilla ice cream. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:55 pm

i know the 73-77 monte carlo are second gen but they share alot of the G3 charectistics as all the others, same the elky is 4th gen ..........BUT THIS IS THE PLACE FOR THE 73 -77 CARS THAT SHARE SO MUCH IN COMMON WITH EACH OTHER OF THESE YEARS. There is alot of difference in years and gen's but we all share so much metal and ideas thats why they are included ...........IMHO

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackChevelleSS Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:35 pm

what would be a better name for the place or how could I change it up to include all models? Never really thought about it but what would you call this type of car? Ive always considered them 3rd gens and thats what the site was named after.

The meening of G3 SIG2
BlackChevelleSS
BlackChevelleSS
Management
Management

Street Cred : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:19 pm

BlackChevelleSS wrote:what would be a better name for the place or how could I change it up to include all models? Never really thought about it but what would you call this type of car? Ive always considered them 3rd gens and thats what the site was named after.
What would I call them? The best darn cars GM ever made, and when it comes down to it that includes most other makes. Yeh, I know the "plastic pigs" may be an exception to that rule. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Terminator Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:46 am

A "G2" Monte is a pimped out Malibu sharing a Pile o parts but nary a body panel.

My first "G3" was actually a 77 Monte it donated many parts for my 73 Malibu conversion from a 250 to the 305.

Terminator
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by 74MonteCarlo Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:36 pm

It's quite a but longer than "G3 GM", but the proper name for this site should be "Colonnade GM" Cool

74MonteCarlo
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Street Cred : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by JB2wheeler Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:40 pm

74MonteCarlo wrote:It's quite a but longer than "G3 GM", but the proper name for this site should be "Colonnade GM" Cool
That would leave me out alltogether (some people would consider that a good thing). 73-77 GM Midsize would be the best. JB
JB2wheeler
JB2wheeler
G3GM Fanatic
G3GM Fanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by ant7377 Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:10 pm

It should be "THE COLONNADE CASTLE"!!!!
ant7377
ant7377
G3GM Addict
G3GM Addict

Street Cred : 36

Back to top Go down

Post by 2bits Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:02 am

To reply to the original question it is a valid one. The 73-77 Chevelle is a Gen 3, but since the Monte wasn't invented until the 2nd gen of Chevelle was already in existance the 73-77 Generation of GM products really can't be labeled by generation because the generations aren't "static". It is really the 73-77, or the "A-Body" designation that is static.

Sure, that answers the question but still leaves us with the naming of the site. In my opinion, the site was "originally" named toward a certain generation (Chevelle), but also includes ALL 73-77 GM models right there in the subtitle so the result is just let it ride..

Case in point toward the opposite angle, my own forum the A-Body Showcase. The name opens itself up automatically to ALL GM a-Bodies which it is but it has really become a Monte Carlo dominated group. This is not by design, but still remains. So the name doesn't need to be changed, we just kind of let the group attract people of all kinds and lets see what sticks!

It's all good afro
2bits
2bits
G3GM Newbie
G3GM Newbie

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: