G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

did you have rust issues with inner roof panel

3 posters

Go down

did you have rust issues with inner roof panel Empty did you have rust issues with inner roof panel

Post by lagunaman Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:23 pm

On my 73 Laguana my headliner had yellow spots. I thought mice were living up there. I took it out and found out there is an inner panel that rusted and it bled through to the headliner. Before I install a new one what can be done. Is that inner panel easy to remove and fix both the roof and inner panel

lagunaman
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

did you have rust issues with inner roof panel Empty Re: did you have rust issues with inner roof panel

Post by Mcarlo77 Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:13 am

I've seen that yellowing on white headliners and always assumed that maybe the previous owners/passengers were smokers and they were nicotine stains? I'm sure that inner panel is welded into place. Might consider coating it with POR15 before installing a new headliner. Won't help with outer roof panel, though; unless you can find a spray rust inhibitor. Hopefully, it doesn't look like this:

did you have rust issues with inner roof panel Imag0311
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

did you have rust issues with inner roof panel Empty Re: did you have rust issues with inner roof panel

Post by REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:14 am

OUCH!!!
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
REVINKEVIN / Mr. 600+HP
G3GM Senior Member
G3GM Senior Member

Street Cred : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down