G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Something you don't see everyday

5 posters

Go down

Something you don't see everyday Empty Something you don't see everyday

Post by zucchi Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:52 am

Something you don't see everyday Soa_ho10

Found this on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/115502359349?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=1BPPAqF5TIa&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=bsluYzUmRe-&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Remarkably, a different seller has the entire steering wheel: https://www.ebay.com/itm/292109863572?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ISCPSSgfSYC&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=bsluYzUmRe-&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

On the surface, it appears to be too much of a coincidence but one's in Maryland and the other's in Wisconsin.

Here's a video about Chevrolet's special edition Spirit of America cars:

This looks like it would be perfect for a 1776-1976 bicentennial tribute build  Something you don't see everyday 1f1fa-1f1f8.

By the way, check out the Spirit of America El Camino.
zucchi
zucchi
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 4

Limey SE and 76Chevelle2Tone like this post

Back to top Go down

Something you don't see everyday Empty Re: Something you don't see everyday

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:24 pm

Very cool! Saw an "Olympic Edition" Malibu on one of my FB feeds the other day. Didn't even know they existed.
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Limey SE Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:02 pm

g3chevy / Mr Pontiac wrote:Very cool! Saw an "Olympic Edition" Malibu on one of my FB feeds the other day. Didn't even know they existed.

Most of the Olympioc ones I have seen for the Malibu Classics have been in Canada Buddy has one of them he is restoring and another has a Beautiful example and a 1976 Laguna

Anthony
Limey SE
Limey SE
Management
Management

Street Cred : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by fasrnur Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:00 pm

A good friend of mine in high school bought a 76 Spirit of America Nova. Can't be for sure or not, but I think it had a 4speed? They did some interesting things for those cars. The Olympic Malibu's were all probably sold in Canada because the Winter Olympics were held in Calgary that year.
fasrnur
fasrnur
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by bucket Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:33 pm

I had forgotten about the Spirit of America cars. I remember seeing one of the Impalas in the late 90's, it was a blue one and still being used as a daily driver. One of the white ones in the video had a Bob McDorman badge on the trunk lid, so I've probably seen that one before too, I just don't remember it. Bob McDorman had a Chevy dealership and would put on a car show every year. He had quite the collection himself. Corvettes and other classic Chevy cars and trucks. Quite a few of them were oddballs too.

I also remember reading in an old Super Chevy magazine that several of the Spirit cars were produced with incorrect parts. Stuff like wrong color armrests and seatbelts.

bucket
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down