G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunvisor w/mirror

2 posters

Go down

Sunvisor w/mirror Empty Sunvisor w/mirror

Post by testpilot61 Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:27 pm

Looking for a visor w/mirror. Thanks, jerryh

testpilot61
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 3

Back to top Go down

Sunvisor w/mirror Empty Re: Sunvisor w/mirror

Post by Mcarlo77 Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:27 pm

Jerry...my experience digging thru many dozens of vehicles at the JY's is that it's near impossible to find a good sunvisor with a good mirror that doesn't have damage from age to the silver reflective backing. I do have an extra correct mirror with some minor blems that I removed at some time from a damaged sunvisor. You can also buy new mirrors from that place Joe referenced on his thread (autosunvisors.com). It's easy enough to convert your existing sunvisor to accommodate either mirror by properly positioning where you'd like the mirror to sit on the visor, making small slits in the fabric where the mtg pegs would go and then drill shallow holes in the visor backing just undersized enough so the pegs will be a tight fit when pushed into place. Personally, I like the mushroom-shaped head of the original mirror pegs better than what is shown on the new autosunvisors.com site as I think they would hold better. I've actually done this conversion on my sunvisors and it worked out perfectly. Let me know if you need any more info.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down