G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'74 Malibu Doors - Sedan VS Wagon

3 posters

Go down

'74 Malibu Doors - Sedan VS Wagon Empty '74 Malibu Doors - Sedan VS Wagon

Post by StockEliminator Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:32 pm

Hello

Been away for a while, but just bought a '74 Malibu Wagon as a daily driver. Both doors on co-driver's side are pretty rusty so rather than doing massive rust repairs on them I'd like to find ones that are in a bit better shape. So my question is, can I fit the doors from a regular 4D Sedan Malibu to my Wagon?

I might make a thread soon about the Wagon on the Projects-section. It's not a big project, but there are some small things that need fixing anyway so I thought someone might like reading about it...
StockEliminator
StockEliminator
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

'74 Malibu Doors - Sedan VS Wagon Empty Re: '74 Malibu Doors - Sedan VS Wagon

Post by Mcarlo77 Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:32 pm

My Hollander Interchange manual shows the front doors are interchangeable between 4-drs & wagons. Same with the rear doors. HOWEVER, they make notation that the rear door glass is different between the two. That is confirmed by separate part numbers for the glass. Hope this helps.
Mcarlo77
Mcarlo77
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by StockEliminator Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:16 am

Thanks, that sure does help and it's great news as well. It shouldn't be a problem to move all parts from the old doors to new ones, if I can find new ones that are in a better shape. Cool
StockEliminator
StockEliminator
G3GM Member
G3GM Member

Street Cred : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:19 am

StockEliminator wrote:I might make a thread soon about the Wagon on the Projects-section. It's not a big project, but there are some small things that need fixing anyway so I thought someone might like reading about it...

That would be interesting to see! Don't see too many wagons.
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down