G3GM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring is here wanda is loose

+3
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
impalamonte
thatfnthing
7 posters

Go down

Spring is here wanda is loose Empty Spring is here wanda is loose

Post by Hs1973 Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:27 am

Spring is here wanda is loose Image25
Spring is here wanda is loose Image24
Spring is here wanda is loose Image26
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 14

Back to top Go down

Spring is here wanda is loose Empty Re: Spring is here wanda is loose

Post by Hs1973 Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:35 am

Hi guys.. Spring has arrived here in Denmark. I finally Got to take wanda out on our first drive this year. Here she is in all her glory with the new to me 700r4 trans installed. It is finally looking like it works the Way i thought, however it has been a lot of testing and adjusting to get the tv cable to function right. I bought a install kit with a geometri bracket for the carb from Tci. It works now but it was not wery good quality at all. But now she has all 4 gears with lockup working and kickdown when i stomp on it. But getting there was not easy. Now im going to drive it and see how it behaves, and pray to our father that it dosent burn the trans up. Im hoping that its adjustet good enough. But for now injoy the pictures.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by thatfnthing Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:26 pm

Wanda's looking mighty fine! I'll bet she gets a lot of attention!

Fingers crossed on the transmission, but I'm sure it's all good. Smile

Last edited by thatfnthing on Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
thatfnthing
thatfnthing
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 65

Back to top Go down

Post by impalamonte Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:27 pm

Nice looking ride!!
impalamonte
impalamonte
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:44 pm

Beautiful ride! But I'm curious, it looks like you have a 75 front nose, 73 tail lights and the small side (opera) windows. So I'm assuming it's a 73???
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:11 pm

Thank you guys. Im hoping it will be. If it was in the process of burning the cluthes, i assume the trans fluid would smell burnt? It shifts right and has kickdown so im guessing its ok. The cable cant be pulled any further at wot as is. I hope i did it right, im a little nervous cause Nobody i know is any smarter than me on this.

Wanda started out life as a 75, but she was rustet out beyond gone when i Got her. The rearend suffered some damage and since i liked the 73 style better, i just made my own version since it would be expensive to have a complete rearend shipped here. I used camaro taillights to mimik the 73 style. I tucked the bumpers and narrowed them. I made my own vinyl roof crome since that was beat to hell. And put a 68 camaro hood hump on it. I made alot of other small changes along the Way. A Harley Davidson fuel filler lid recessed in the quarter. Rear license plate recessed in the rear bumper, a front airdam made from sheet metal. The colour is hard on pictures, but it is Black with a ton of gold pearl wich makes it green  but Black at Night and brown in sunlight. 

Next on my list is a polished stainless exhaust with headders. If my trans proffs to live. I hope i can also ad a new cam and aluminium heads and someday a sniper fuel injection. However i Got a nasty scratch in a quarter last time i parked it ( a stupid woman with a shoulderbag) so its going in the paintshop soon. 

Im happy you like it, its the only 75 in my country. There is 2 73s so not Many know what it is.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by g3chevy / Mr Pontiac Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:11 pm

You have exceptional fabrication skills to do all that. Again, the car looks awesome!
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
g3chevy / Mr Pontiac
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 34

Back to top Go down

Post by 73ss Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:42 pm

That is some really nice fab work you have done. Car looks great. I like that color.

The June issue of Hot Rod has a really good write up about TV cables and adjustments, It lists part numbers for brackets, cables, etc. The article is called "TV Guide". A good read if you are still not sure on the trans.
73ss
73ss
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawk03 Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Nice job on the car, everything looks great!
Hawk03
Hawk03
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Street Cred : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinomyte Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:31 pm

That is awesome! That paint colour is just wild.
Dinomyte
Dinomyte
Donating Member
Donating Member

Street Cred : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Hs1973 Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:37 am

Im glad you like it. Everything was done on a budget so im getting there one step at the time. The paint was actually a Nice surprice because i did not know how it would look. I Got alot of solid Black paint for free, Black was not my first choice but i thought it was cheap and i could live with it. I had some gold pearl from another project and figured i would Spice it up a little, so i mixed it in and the colour turned out like this. I myself love it so it was a win for me.

I can unfortunatly not see hot rod mag articles, for some reason us here in Europe cant open any articles. But Thank you for the info. 
Im sure my trans is ok now. I have been driving it all weekend and it shifts Nice at the right mph and gives a Nice kickdown when i put my foot in it. I had some problems because the geometri bracket that is boltes to the trottle arm of the carb would move backwards. Every time i had been at wot it would move a little back making the shifts feel Wrong and very soft. It is corrected now and i belive it is ok. 

I love this car and im keeping it as long as im able to drive. And im not even close to Being done modefiying it to make it behave like i want it. 

Thank you for all your kind words.
Hs1973
Hs1973
G3GM Enthusiast
G3GM Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down